Author Topic: RTMM AI Shipping Project - Ready to Download  (Read 495769 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: RTMM AI Shipping Project - Ready to Download
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 07:37:02 PM »
Hi owd,

The mispelling errors are mine...sorry about that......the important point is that you are geting a message telling you that the directory you are choosing does not contain the fsx.exe file......when you do an automatic installatioin and choose the FSX directory in the pop up window it needs to be the main FSX folder...the one that contains fsx.exe....

Can you confirm that you are initially getting a pop up window asking you to choose the FSX directory?

If not....what operating system are you using?

Rod
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:51:26 PM by stiletto2 »

owd

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 08:11:55 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.
No, I am not getting any further than the command window -- never do get a chance to make any selections. Have to X out to get out of the command window. OS is Windows 7 64 bit.
Asus P6X58D-E, Intel core i7 970 6 core 3.2 oc to 4.08, GeForce GTX 570, 3x2 DDR3-1600, Corsair Hydro series H50, WD 1 TB HDD, ADATA 120 GB & ADATA 256 GB for FSX only, Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality, 2 Benq monitors.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 09:02:22 PM »
Hi owd,

I also use Windows 7 64 bit.   

The TFAISP installer uses VBScripting to open a pop up window to make a directory selection.  It sounds like this is not happening on your system.......this means that it is possible that your system has been modified to prohibit vbscripts from running or not recognize them.   Some security systems have been known to do this.   In order to see if your system is recognizing .vbs files.....create a .txt file with any name and change the extension to .vbs.  See if its icon on the desktop changes to this:

Let me know if the icon after you change the extension to .vbs looks like the above or if it is just blank.

Then we will proceed from there.

Rod

owd

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 10:51:47 PM »
Rod,
Created a text file and changed the extension to .vbs.
Yes, the icon changes to exactly what you show.
This is all new to me and as far as I know I have never changed anything in Windows 7 that would prohibit vbscripts from running.
Asus P6X58D-E, Intel core i7 970 6 core 3.2 oc to 4.08, GeForce GTX 570, 3x2 DDR3-1600, Corsair Hydro series H50, WD 1 TB HDD, ADATA 120 GB & ADATA 256 GB for FSX only, Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality, 2 Benq monitors.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 11:11:16 PM »
Hi owd,

Still not sure if vbs is the problem but eliminating possiblities.   If the vbscript execution is being blocked, it is probably not something you did.   PM me with your email address and I will send you the actual short vbscript to see if it does produce the directory selection screen.   

Rod 

Dieter

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 02:55:37 AM »
Hello Rod,

thanks for your thorough and detailed description (from Oct 23rd)
Unpacking and manual installations worked without any problems.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

DocBird

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 04:09:23 AM »
Installation went well.
Installer opened, window opened, I chose the FSX-main folder and everything seems to work. I saw several new ships around PAKT on my short inspection flight this morning.
I use W7 64-bit. Only strange thing was that the ZIP-folder did not unzip as usually but I managed to unzip it somehow.
Thanks for this enhancement!

Till

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 12:08:49 PM »
Hey Rod,
  Mine is Windows 7 X64
  Unzipped normally, ran the installer, all is well.

rob
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 12:50:36 PM »
Sounds good, Rob.

Rod

Dieter

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 01:08:08 PM »
Same here,
Win 7 64 bit, no problems at all.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 01:42:06 PM »
Rod,
WIN XP installs without any problems.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2012, 02:45:45 PM »
Vista 64 for me and my traffic is fine. Note to those that are looking for traffic from this package at Ketchikan. You're not seeing any AI Shipping traffic from this package at that location. That was from a different AI Shipping set of files by Dex that you may have already installed. Not going to cause any conflicts with the Tongass Fjords AI SHipping, just letting you know that what we have currently released that we are talking about in this thread is for Tongass FJords X by FS Addon. You will need to have that scenery region installed and then fly from one of those regions locations to look for ships that we have added in this package we are talking about here. Which is the Return to Misty Moorings "Tongass Fjords AI Shipping Project"

Just making sure we don't get confused with where these ships are located. Look at the large map showing where the ships are. I believe Rod included that large image with the installation files .pdf file. If not, we'll address this so people have a large map of where the ships are at.

Brad
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 02:49:16 PM by Bradallen43 »

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2012, 03:55:42 PM »
Ship Spotter's Checklist

For those "so inclined" (like me perhaps) ... you will see thumbnails of all the ships you might encounter in the AI shipping projects, and with each one a larger screenshot to help you identify it.  Also, below the thumbnails you'll find a "checklist" you can download.  So to participate download the checklist, as you find the boats, fill it in handwritten, then when finished, scan it and send it to us and we'll put your name on the Wall of Fame and send you an e-certificate. This is done on the honor system, we hope everyone is "honorable."

Hope that special niche of folks enjoys this new feature.

Doug

PS Attached is the first certificate of completion. Since Brad gave us the screenshots of all the boats, he deserves the first certificate and the "001" slot on the Wall of Fame. This was a LOT of work on his part.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 03:58:51 PM by Doug »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2012, 04:18:17 PM »
Congratulations, Brad....who'll be next?  And, yes Brad, the ship tracks are shown in the .pdf user guide that comes in the installation folder.

Rod

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2012, 04:41:59 PM »
Congratulations, Brad!!!! Great! :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals