Author Topic: Problem with the Lib_tester  (Read 2985 times)

DocBird

Problem with the Lib_tester
« on: October 18, 2012, 04:16:00 AM »
Dear All,
I am a longtime FSX pilot and was addicted to bushflying in the NA by ORBX and Holger and Bill... Now I intend to take the next step and I am looking forward to spend some time over the next months in the Misty Moorings.

As I was taking the first step yesterday I was trying to install the library tester. I downloaded  and unzipped it. I recognised two folders in the Main folder: One RTTM_Lib_Test and one readme text. The RTTM_Lib_Test-folder contained a .BGL file. Strange was that this folder was previously only containing two other (empty) folders (Scenery and ...). The RTTM_Lib_Test folder was then copied into the AddonScenery Folder in my FSX directory.

I opened up FSX and went to the Scenery Library and inteded to add the new scenery. I browsed to the AddonScenery folder and selected the RTTM_Lib_Test but was unable to select that. Instead it appeard to be opened and the folders contained were displayed. I selected the Scenery folder (contained in the RTTM_Lib_test folder) but was unable to open it since I could not select it.

I then copied the BGL-file directly into the Scenery-folder of the Main-AddonScenery-Folder but was still unable to select it in FSX.

What was I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and happy landings!

Till

P.S. it is possible that the nemes of the folders are slightly different from what I mentioned above but that is what I remember now that I am not at my FSX computer...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:35:40 AM by DocBird »

DocBird

Re: Problem with the Lib_tester
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 05:06:45 AM »
As always: Once again it was proved that people who can read do have an advantage... (as we say here in Germany)!  ;)

I found under "I" in the FAQ the hint that I might have become the victim of the known W7 bug when it comes to installing new scenery. I reads exactly like what has happened to me.
I will try that out and get back if I need additional help!

Thanks to the RTTM-Team for this really informative page (the FAQs)!

Till

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 03:24:39 PM »
Hi Till,
first, welcome on board here on RTMM.
ou will soon notice this is an international community here. Me personally, I´m also from Germany (Munich, Bavaria) as you can see in my signature. Just take some time and look around on the website. there`s lots of intersting stuff to fing here.
Hope you got sorted your problem out. Feel free asking questions if your are in need at anytime ! ;)

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:28:31 PM by corbu1 »

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

DocBird

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 09:57:20 AM »
Thanks, Klaus, for the warm welcome here at Misty Moorings.

Yes I have solved the issues over the weekend and finally succeeded!  :) All Libs in place and Misty Place installed!!!

Then, however, I tried to install the enhancements but was not very successful...  Especially the AI-floatplanes didn't occur  >:(

I will try to sort those issues out in the next couple of days.

Happy landings!

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 11:37:38 AM »
Hi DocBird,

Welcome to RTMM.   If you find you can't sort some of the issues, lets us know and we will be glad to help.  This is a very friendly place.   Have fun!

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 12:42:01 PM »
DocBird,
just wanted to make sure you understand that the AI Floatplane enhancement has this statement in the download screen in case you missed it.

Note: You will need the Tongass X scenery to see this traffic as it utilizes those plane models, so if you don't already have it, save your pennies and buy it, it's a must have anyway!

Tongas X is payware but development of more RTMM locations is being done in that area now so it is highly recommended and you will love it I'm sure.
 8)
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 05:55:46 PM »
Till,
as Spud said you need Tongass X scenery installed!

If you don`t have it so far, you should consider about purchasing it. It `s the perfect addition to ORBX PFJ as it covers the areas north of Ketchikan to Sitka. It´s a really great scenery package.

It should also be said, as a RTMM member you`ll get the chance of purchasing it with a discount. Look at the FSaddon website`s silvercloud shop:
http://silvercloud-store.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29812

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals