Author Topic: RTMM ICAO's not showing in Plan-G?  (Read 4997 times)

Timmy74

RTMM ICAO's not showing in Plan-G?
« on: October 05, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »
Hi guys,

I am sure this is something really easy to fix but I can not seem to work it out?

I have downloaded all of the Plan-G files that relate to RTMM and can not get any of the ICAO's to show up?   I have the "POI", "light house and the such all showing but not any ICAO'S?

I got a tip from spud (thank you for that too) but I had done all of that in the firstplace?
Do I need to manual create them?
I am very confused as to what is going wrong?

Any insight would be greatly appriciated.

Kind regards.

Tim... ;)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: RTMM ICAO's not showing in Plan-G?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 10:25:47 PM »
Hi guys,

I am sure this is something really easy to fix but I can not seem to work it out?

I have downloaded all of the Plan-G files that relate to RTMM and can not get any of the ICAO's to show up?   I have the "POI", "light house and the such all showing but not any ICAO'S?

I got a tip from spud (thank you for that too) but I had done all of that in the firstplace?
Do I need to manual create them?
I am very confused as to what is going wrong?

Any insight would be greatly appriciated.

Kind regards.

Tim... ;)

Although you downloaded the files have you imported them into the Plan G database?  The airports will not show until you do.  Remember this is in Plan G only, a lot of the scenery for RTMM do not contain AFCADs and will not show up on the 'Go to Airports' page of FSX.  That is why the flight plans are included with the scenery so you have a method of finding the new destinations.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Timmy74

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 03:34:43 AM »
Hi spud,

Thanks again for your reply.  Sorry for the delay in responce.  Work is "out of control" if ya know what i mean.....? ;)

Anyhow, getting back to your tips "Although you downloaded the files have you imported them into the Plan G database?", by this do you mean....
1) Start up Plan-G
2) Click on "Data"
3) Click on "Manage"
"Manage user way points" table appears with "Export", "Inport" and "Ok" buttons.
4) Click on "Import"
5) Navigate to where i downloaded "RTMM.csv"
6) double click
7) "Imported 144 of 144 records" appears.
I Should be right to go now?

That is the procedure that I have done with all of the other .csv files that have been downloaded for Plan-G.  They all seem to be there?

"Remember this is in Plan G only, a lot of the scenery for RTMM do not contain AFCADs and will not show up on the 'Go to Airports' page of FSX."

Strange? Because when i do load up "Go to Airports" page in FSX, Misty's Place (PF20) is in fact there?

So where am I going wrong?

Should one be able to start a flight plan (within Plan-G) at Misty's Place?   I can not seem to?  I have to either start PAKT or PANT.   I ask this because I see a lot of RTMM adventures start at Misty's Place? 

Just to be clear, I can start at Misty's Place in FSX but can not create a flight plan within Plan-G starting at Misty's Place?  It does not exsist??? :-\

Cheers.

Tim. :)

Dieter

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 06:01:20 AM »
There's a difference between AFCADs and waypoints (all csv files).
RTMM AFCADs are "programmed" into the corresponding files while waypoints must be searched and put manually into PlanG.
You did the importing of the waypoints correctly.
To get the RTMM AFCADs (PF01 to PF50) on your PlanG map  you must re-run "Build Database"

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 10:38:14 AM »
Tim,
Dieter has advised you correctly about rebuilding the Database.  I do not use Plan G for making flight plans so can't answer that question.
As I said "MOST" destinations in RTMM do not have AFCADS and do not show on the goto airport function of FSX.  However there are some that are listed in the database.  Most in the PFJ area start with PF, IE: PF01-50) as Dieter also pointed out.  If you have Tongass X scenery there are some locations in the FSX database and are listed under 'TF' so if you enter TF in the center box is will show some the Tongass X destinations.
Remember that each location download does contain a flight plan that you need to copy to the location in your installation where you save flight plans.  Some people also will position their aircraft at the desired destination and save the flight with a name that will remind them of the destination so they can load that flight if they wanted to start from the destination.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Timmy74

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 04:29:44 AM »
Hi Spud and Dieter,

Thanks for your reply.   

I had done the "Build Database" function but  still can not seem to get a spot for Misty's Place to show up in Plan-G?

So is Misty's Place an AFCAD or a waypoint?   Either way I can not get Misty's to show up?

I have had to manually create one with an "Airstrip" icon in the "Create User Waypoint" but I can still not start a flight plan from there?

Cheers.

Tim...

Dieter

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 08:40:53 AM »
This is very strange.

The AFCAD for Misty's Place/PF20 is in the file
- PF20_ADEX_KG.BGL

Do you have this file in your RTMM scenery?
Are you able to choose PF20 from your FSX (airport ID)?

If not, there won't be any Misty Place symbol/spot in your PlanG (even after database rebuilt).

Basically you cannot start a flight plan from a manually inserted PlanG-waypoint.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Timmy74

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 03:40:41 PM »
Hi Dieter,

I have just gotten to work and will check for that file when i get home tonight.

However, I have the AFCAD for Misty's Place (PF20) in FSX.   I created an RTMM file in my "Addon Scenery" and all have been added and work well in FSX.   I can start a flight in FSX at Misty's Place but can not seem to start a flight plan at Misty's Place in Plan-G?   This has been my whole issue from the start?   

All of the other RTMM add on's that have AFCADS, I too can start from in FSX but can not start a flight plan from in Plan-G?   

Strange.....?

Cheers.

Tim....
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 03:42:40 PM by Timmy74 »

Timmy74

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 03:10:49 AM »
Dieter,

I have just checked and I do have PF20_ADEX_KG.BGL in my RTMM addon scenery folder.

Cheers.

Tim....

Dieter

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 04:01:23 AM »
Never heard of this problem before.

- Can you load an FSX made flight plan into PlanG?  (starting from any RTMM AFCAD airstrip)
- Can you load RTMM flight plans into PlanG? (those that come with most sceneries)

Maybe you should consider to uninstall your current PlanG and do a fresh install!
In this case you should follow my "INSTRUCTIONS how to do a basic renew of Plan-G User Waypoints"
See here: (Dieter's Corner)
http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/mistys/#I1

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Timmy74

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 06:04:53 AM »
Dieter,

- Can you load an FSX made flight plan into PlanG?  (starting from any RTMM AFCAD airstrip)   Yes..

- Can you load RTMM flight plans into PlanG? (those that come with most sceneries)   Yes...

Maybe you should consider to uninstall your current PlanG and do a fresh install!   I think I may have too?

Thank you for all of your insight and patience with my issue.

Cheers.

Tim... ;)