Author Topic: The real Desperate Moose Lodge airstrip!  (Read 3475 times)

tphelps

The real Desperate Moose Lodge airstrip!
« on: September 13, 2012, 08:10:22 PM »
Xavier was kind enough to point out that my previous screens of the airstrip at Desperate Moose Lodge were missing key elements--the lodge and other buildings! It seems that my CeyX Library was not the latest version. So, after updating the library, I revisited DML, and...voila! There are hangars at the airstrip and the lodge and other buildings are up on the hill. Thanks Xavier!

So, here are a few shots of Desperate Moose Lodge airstrip--the way it's supposed to be.

Ted

Corsair Obsidian 650D chassis, AMD FX8350 4.6Ghz, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, Corsair Hydro H100i, ADATA XPG 16GB 1866 DDR3, Gigabyte Windforce OC HD7870 2 GB, ADATA S511 120GB SSD (OS), ADATA XPG SX900 512GB SSD (FSX), WD Caviar BK 1TB (Data), OCZ Fatal1ty 750 PSU, Asus Xonar Audio, Win 7 Pro 64

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
Re: The real Desperate Moose Lodge airstrip!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 10:47:20 PM »
I just had a look at my Desperate Moose Lodge

What I see missing in mine is seen in your first screenshot.I'm missing the two orange cones and the wind sock.Everything else is there.Hmmm?.

GrayRider
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

Fishbone

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 01:47:38 AM »
Hi,

Yes, this is Desperate Moose Lodge as I've done it.

The orange cones, and windsock belong to the CX_Airfields_Markers.bgl library, part of my Ceyx objects libraries.

And, you are located in the northern part of the forthcoming "Misty Moorings" landscapes !

Cheers,

Xavier

GrayRider

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 03:37:58 PM »
I have previously installed your CeyX_Sceneries_Libraries and are installed and is activated.In the scenery folder of this library,the CX_Airfields_Markers.bgl you mention is there.Why the cones and wind sock doesn't show up,I'm not sure what the issue is.

Are there other CeyX object libraries of yours I may not have?.Another one of your libraries I have installed,is the one dealing with the shelters etc.If I am missing any of your libraries,other than the two mentioned.Which ones are they?.

So at the moment I only have two of your CeyX libraries installed.

Talking about the Desperate Moose Lodge airstrip.While I was zipping around the Moose Lodge area last night.I noticed the map that was in the download.I saw a few other places near by Moose Lodge.

I did go and have a look at some of them.From the Map I went to Tsacha Lake(CAE4) airstrip.There is a runway,but there isn't any scenery?.There may not be a scenery or objects added to this strip?.Just curious.
I tried to go to CAF8.This code doesn't show up in the sim etc.

GrayRider

Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

Handie

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 07:18:07 AM »
Nice set of screens again ;)
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Fishbone

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 03:06:58 AM »
Hello Grayrider,

1 - About Ceyx_Sceneries_Libraries
You need to have only one Ceyx_Sceneries_Libraries, the last one, which contains new objects and all the previous ones.
I suggest that you delete all your CeyX libraries installed - names are : cx_xxxx.
You install the last one, and only the last one :
http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries/CeyX_Sceneries_Libraries_13_06_2012.zip
available from the page : Objects libraries needed for RTMM, just below the Objects tester
I suggest, also, that you add these libraries in a standalone scenery folder, and installed above all RTMM sceneries and OrbX in your FSX settings.
So, when forthcoming objects libs will be released, you'll have only to copy/paste, and overwrite, in this folder. This is the best way to check objects and textures, in case.

I apologize for previous sceneries in which I called ceyx libraries folders with a date.
You need only one version, the last one, and only one scenery folder.

2 - There is a SPB named CAF8 : Nimpo lake. But, it is possible, if you are looking to the map, that you do a mistake, CAS2 recovers CBE8 name, and this may be a mistake.

3 - CAE4-Tsacha lake, is an improved OrbX airstrip, it is quite normal that you don't find any objects, there is nothing to see, on the real airstrip, only a strip used by the lodge, close to the lake.

A new version of CAE4 will be released in forthcoming sceneries (Tweedsmuir - land of cowboys)

Cheers,

Xavier

tphelps

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 10:48:22 AM »
Thank you all for the kind word regarding these shots. This is a very nice little scenery and a fun airstrip to come in on.

Thank you once again, Xavier. It looks as if the upcoming "Land of Cowboys" release will upgrade many of the sceneries in that area.

Actually, I did delete the old version of the CeyX library files when I installed the newest one. However, I placed it in the FSX Scenery Library according to the "Scenery Library Priority" list on the RTMM Object Libraries page (http://return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries/index.php). I will change this and place the CeyX libraries above all RTMM and Orbx sceneries in FSX.

Xavier wrote: "There is a SPB named CAF8 : Nimpo lake. But, it is possible, if you are looking to the map, that you do a mistake, CAS2 recovers CBE8 name, and this may be a mistake."

I have noticed this situation on the map, but it is a fairly small problem.

Looking forward to the soon-to-be-released "Land of Cowboys". The previews look wonderful!

Thank you very much,

Ted
Corsair Obsidian 650D chassis, AMD FX8350 4.6Ghz, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, Corsair Hydro H100i, ADATA XPG 16GB 1866 DDR3, Gigabyte Windforce OC HD7870 2 GB, ADATA S511 120GB SSD (OS), ADATA XPG SX900 512GB SSD (FSX), WD Caviar BK 1TB (Data), OCZ Fatal1ty 750 PSU, Asus Xonar Audio, Win 7 Pro 64

GrayRider

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 03:36:38 PM »
Hello Grayrider,

1 - About Ceyx_Sceneries_Libraries
You need to have only one Ceyx_Sceneries_Libraries, the last one, which contains new objects and all the previous ones.
I suggest that you delete all your CeyX libraries installed - names are : cx_xxxx.
You install the last one, and only the last one :
http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries/CeyX_Sceneries_Libraries_13_06_2012.zip
available from the page : Objects libraries needed for RTMM, just below the Objects tester
I suggest, also, that you add these libraries in a standalone scenery folder, and installed above all RTMM sceneries and OrbX in your FSX settings.
So, when forthcoming objects libs will be released, you'll have only to copy/paste, and overwrite, in this folder. This is the best way to check objects and textures, in case.

I apologize for previous sceneries in which I called ceyx libraries folders with a date.
You need only one version, the last one, and only one scenery folder.

2 - There is a SPB named CAF8 : Nimpo lake. But, it is possible, if you are looking to the map, that you do a mistake, CAS2 recovers CBE8 name, and this may be a mistake.

3 - CAE4-Tsacha lake, is an improved OrbX airstrip, it is quite normal that you don't find any objects, there is nothing to see, on the real airstrip, only a strip used by the lodge, close to the lake.

A new version of CAE4 will be released in forthcoming sceneries (Tweedsmuir - land of cowboys)

Cheers,

Xavier

Thanks for the info Xavier

I did delete my older Ceyx_Sceneries_Libraries,and added your newest files.It did take care of my missing cones and the wind sock I mentioned.

About the other ICAO codes I mentioned.I understand what you are saying.No problem.I was just asking about it etc.

GrayRider