Author Topic: Tongas Fjords X question  (Read 9205 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Tongas Fjords X question
« on: February 06, 2011, 11:34:26 AM »
With the new AI Float plane traffic Tongas Fjords X is a requirement so ... I'm interested BUT when I go to the link provided the cost is in Euros.  I know the New World Order folks want us all to be in the sheep pen etc.  As my sig. says I really am a GOF (Grumpy Old Fart) and also as lazy as a coon hound on the porch at noon in August.  I ain't got no Euros in my wallet unfortunately and can't find my handy dandy money conversion chart I had the last time I visited Europe (1962) so could some kind soul just tell me how much the durn thing costs in U.S. Dollars.  Sim Market doesn't seem to provide a conversion tool that I could find within my usual 2.5 min. window of tolerance.
Without the info I sure ain't gonna click on check out.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Tongas Fjords X question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 11:35:31 AM »
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

It's definitely worth getting Spud.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 11:44:48 AM »
Thanks Avian,
glad I didn't take the time to find a converter.  $45.17 for a few AI float planes that actually just slow FSX down is not what I would call value for the money at this particular time.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 11:51:21 AM »
Well you do actually get a whole lot more for your loot than that!! the kind of scenery that is currently in the pacific fjord region right up to Hoonah, awesome scenery at places like Sitka, Klawock, Wrangell, Petersburg, not to mention numerous small docks and ports to visit all with both air and sea traffic, I am at a loss to grasp how anyone can buy PF and NWP without also going for Tongass, I mean, if you were walking it yes, but planes can cover the distances so quick, you can virtually enjoy the entire Alaskan panhandle in this superbly accurate scenery!

For me at least it was a must have.  :)

And the traffic is top notch AI stuff, no frame rate hits from it for me.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 11:55:35 AM »
Spud,

I can understand your concern for saving your hard earned, however, the Tongass Fjords scenery is well worth any penny and not just because there are some AI aircraft in there. The scenery is incredible with the villages, small townships, floatplane bases, etc. all modeled with custom libraries only found in Tongass Fjords.

It picks up right where Misty's stops at and It's worth it trust me you won't be disappointed. With Holger planning on releasing a "Glacier Bay" update for FSX, you'll have uninterrupted floatplane heaven from Yakutat to Southern Oregon.

Brad

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 12:30:21 PM »
Thanks guys,
I know Tongas Fjords X is all you say and more.  It just is lower on my spending priority list ATM.  My next spending spree will probably be ORBX Northern Rocky Mountains cause it has my old home town (Elk River, ID, long live the Bobcats!) in there and although I toyed with the local area in FS9 I never had the skills to make it work worth a da*n.  ID85 is the code and here is the result of the lady pilot looking for her lipstick on rollout. (She is the one on the wing)

Later,

Spud

evoras

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 01:45:57 PM »
She must have forgotten to disable crash detection.  ;D
Ed - KDVT, AZ

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 12:33:43 AM »
"She must have forgotten to disable crash detection.  ;D"   That cracks me up.   ;D

Never mind the door, always in a hurry!   :o   
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 06:39:49 AM »
With the new AI Float plane traffic Tongas Fjords X is a requirement so ... I'm interested BUT when I go to the link provided the cost is in Euros.  I know the New World Order folks want us all to be in the sheep pen etc.  As my sig. says I really am a GOF (Grumpy Old Fart) and also as lazy as a coon hound on the porch at noon in August.  I ain't got no Euros in my wallet unfortunately and can't find my handy dandy money conversion chart I had the last time I visited Europe (1962) so could some kind soul just tell me how much the durn thing costs in U.S. Dollars.  Sim Market doesn't seem to provide a conversion tool that I could find within my usual 2.5 min. window of tolerance.
Without the info I sure ain't gonna click on check out.
 8)

Hmmmm... as the publisher of Tongass Fjords X I must object of course to giving priority to an Orbx product. TFX is so much more interesting !
But... it's your money  ;D

As for simMarket... NEXT time you look around on their shop, check ot the leftmost column, scroll down a wee bit and CHOOSE YOUR CURRENCY where it says... wait for it..... 'CURRENCY'  8)

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 11:51:05 AM »
Francois,
did not mean to appear to be critical of Tongas X, it is just that as far as AI aircraft are concerned I have never been big on having a bunch of  airplanes that I can't control buzzing me on an approaches etc. and other than those that an addon scenery that I wanted, installed (without my permission), I have not used them in my FS9 or FSX installation.  That being said, ATM other than these float planes and possibly some scenery textures not showing in MM I can live with the absence.  I'll will purchase it after NRM as I say.
Thank you for pointing out the currency conversion tool in Sim Market.  As I say if I can not find it within a VERY short time period I give up when I am not going to buy at that time.  If you have any influence with Sim Market I would like to point out that a much better place for the conversion tool would be on the upper right directly under the price of the software.  Having to scroll down and look just about as far away from the monetary box to find the conversion tool is just not good site design IMHO.
Of course now that I know where it is I'll not forget (I hope I have not deteriorated to that point yet :-[) Thank You for directing this old reprobate to what should have been obvious (except for placement ;) )
Later,

Spud

Francois

• FS Veteran
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 02:31:20 PM »
I stopped working for simMarket last year (after 8 years with them), so my influence is now non-existent. Actually, it USED to be at the top on the right before the design got changed two years ago :-) But maybe Miguel reads this one day and finds a better place for it.

... and the man's blog

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 03:25:20 PM »
I stopped working for simMarket last year (after 8 years with them), so my influence is now non-existent. Actually, it USED to be at the top on the right before the design got changed two years ago :-) But maybe Miguel reads this one day and finds a better place for it.

Ah yes the old change for change sake.  Love that when they rearrange everything in the store so you have to run up and down all the isles to find what you used to pickup in 45 seconds.
Another question, as the publisher of TFX I'm sure you have the answer, is there another site that offers it or is Sim Market a sole provider?

Later,

Spud

Francois

• FS Veteran
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 03:34:55 PM »
It will be in our own shop later this week actually...... that's the reason I haven't 'advertised' any links here yet   ;) We also have a 'Flight1 version' out already, also available from our shop, but somewhat hidden for obvious reasons.

Stay tuned, I am working on it .....

... and the man's blog

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 03:53:21 PM »
Francois,
You DA MAN!  Thanks for that information, now I'm glad I did not jump on TFX from Sim Market.  I would much prefer to purchase it from your store when it is available.  Keep it in the family so to speak and your return should be a bit more on the purchase I would hope.  Just remember it is priority #2 ATM so it might be awhile before you see my order.  (The plastic is beginning to warp from the heat of use thanks to RTMM).
 ::)
Later,

Spud

Francois

• FS Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 04:00:03 PM »
We only accept 'cool' plastic anyways.... LOL ! No worries  :)

... and the man's blog