Author Topic: New ORBX Library released  (Read 2974 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
New ORBX Library released
« on: August 31, 2012, 09:40:39 AM »
ORBX announced a new scenery object library 120825 yesterday. It is a dual library for both FSX/P3D. If you have both sims you will have to run the installer twice, once for each sim.
Link below, you may have to be signed in to the site first. The download is available in the Release Announcements thread.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/482...-now-available/

8)
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: New ORBX Library released
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 10:55:44 AM »
Thank for the heads-up, Spud!!!! :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 09:03:35 PM »
Spud, does this new library apply if I'm just running FSX Accel and PFJ?
                                           JJ
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 10:44:18 PM »
If you run any ORBX/FTX scenery areas at all you need the latest library and any patches for the area or areas you run.  This particular library is mostly for coming attractions from ORBX/FTX but if you do not have a Scenery Library from ORBX/FTX installed you need to get it.  You say your running just PFJ from ORBX/FTX so you need the one patch (FTXNAPFJ_Patch001.zip) for PFJ installed first and then the Scenery Library from the link provided.
Go to the ORBX/FTX site and look in Support (https://www.fullterrain.com/support.html).  Both the PFJ patch and the Library 120509 are available there.  Just scroll down the list and you will find both.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jsapair

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 11:27:43 PM »
Spud, let me add this if I may. The update to the library is not clearly defined on the ORBX website. What I discovered is that you have to click on the entire NA and AU library even if you thought you didn't want AU, so that didn't apply to you. From there you can opt to choose the 1.1 library.  I hope this will help someone else looking for the update like I was. I was afraid to click on it thinking I'd download some massive program that didn't apply but then it was all broken down and you could choose your downloads.
                           Thnx, JJ.
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 01:47:41 PM »
JJ,
I think your working with the wrong libraries my man.  There is NO 1.1 Library for ORBX.  What your referring to I believe is the OZx libraries, a different animal altogether I'm afraid.
Remember we are working with two different things here ORBX and OZx they are not the same thing at all.  OZx is freeware airports for Australia and North America (a few) and you do need both of the OZx libraries (1.0 and 1.1).  But the Library I refer to here is not from OZx at all but from the ORBX/FTX Payware site.
Use the link I provided and it will take you to where you can download the latest ORBX Library and the file name is:

FTXORBXLIBS_120825.zip

file size is:

144,745KB

Or this link:
https://www.fullterrain.com/support.html
will take you to the support section of ORBX/FTX.  Just scroll way down and the Library download is almost at the bottom of the page.

This library will replace the previous ORBX Library.  Be sure after downloading the library you unzip it to a safe place and run the .exe file from the 'safe place' DO NOT run the .exe file from inside the zip file itself or you'll screw things up for your sim.
If you also have P3D sim you will have to run the .exe file a second time to install the library for that sim.  There are check boxes for each sim only use the one or ones you need but it has to be done separately for each sim.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jsapair

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 07:01:28 PM »
AH SO! Thank you. Love you long time!

Jsapair