Author Topic: Southern Alaska is Here!!!  (Read 3249 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Southern Alaska is Here!!!
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:45:07 AM »
 ;) Bet that got your attention!!  :P Take a look at these shots!!

This is the Sheridan Glacier near Cordova Alaska. Pretty cool looking I think and you can fly over this right now in FSX!! But, it's not from our friends at ORBX, it's Ultimate Terrain Alaska X! Not a bad scenery creation at all and these shots are going to reside on my system until ORBX release their version of SAK. I will compare these to that product once it arrives and I have a feeling we will not be disappointed.

I know Holger has said in the past that UT Alaska is a good package but the size and scope of putting something that large together does have it's limitations. For me, the thing that stands out is coastlines. In this product, the coastlines are all the same. They share a common design everywhere you go. You can see this in the edges of the glacier near the water. They are the same as the rivers, ocean coast, etc. Everywhere. So that's something that I start to notice right away.

You can bet that ORBX will not have this in SAK. Plus, there is no calving ice in the bay near the glacier. Those little details are what separate ORBX from this product and you can bet we'll see a difference here when SAK comes out. Now I'm not bashing this product at all, and I think that the UT team did some great work here. But, I'm really getting excited about what SAK will bring to the table and I just wanted to put something together to use as a comparison.

So sorry for the little tease, >:(

Brad
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:48:43 AM by Bradallen43 »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Southern Alaska is Here!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »
GO to your room!
 8)
Later,

Spud

HighGround

• Throckmorton Throttlebottom
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 03:33:56 PM »
And stand in the closet!  >:(
-Jon
Russell Lake, Dartmouth, Nose Kosher, Kanuckistan

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 04:15:08 PM »
You Naughty boy!   :-[

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 04:20:01 PM »
Had me going Brad!    :o

I have UT Alaska.  Hopefully we'll have instruction on how to disable the areas that overlap, or maybe it won't be necessary at all!   Happily waiting for SAK and N Calif.....and even the UK.    ;D
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 07:40:08 PM »
Hi,Bradallen43
i 've the same without UTA x , only Tongas X 

great screen

Neptune
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]