Author Topic: Starting Points for Sea Plane Bases  (Read 509368 times)

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
Re: Starting Points for Sea Plane Bases
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2012, 02:23:37 PM »
. . . and four more, since I went to the trouble to make them.  Well, the last one the plane wasn't actually "parked" but it was before I pulled out for the pic.  That was actually the first shot I took on the tour.  Near PAW2.

Jeff.I want to ask about,what I guess is a tool or a program.In some of your shots above in green or blue.It shows other nearby destinations/names and NM to the locations.I'd like to have something like this,to see what locations are around me on screen,such as yours.Thanks for any info,and how I can add it etc?.

I had something like this when I had FS9.It was called Easy VFR and Landmarks.It was a payware.

GrayRider
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

GrayRider

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 02:36:06 PM »
The Sliders are for the AI boats (moving ones).  So that won't affect you.  But this is really interesting. I almost looks like you are missing the objects library that Holger used for scenery for Tongass X. Have you got Tongass installed correctly? I don't recognize the static boats he uses there, so it must come from something inside Tongass X. "My boats" are there in you picture ... but I use "Vehicles" ... part of the object libraries we link to on the Objects page. So that's not your problem.  I'm only guessing, but it looks like you are missing a library from Tongass X.

D

Yes I have Tongass X installed properly.I've never had any problems with it,that I've ever seen.If I am missing an object library that Holger uses.I don't know which object library I should be looking for in FSX ,or the name of the object library by Holger.I'm assuming it would be a static boats library for Tongass X.
This is the first RTMM I've added,with this issue.

Maybe Holger or others will see this thread,and have Ideas as well

Thanks Doug

GrayRider 
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 02:37:33 PM »
The file responsible for the boats' placements are from TF Higher priority, and is called "TF_FSX_SPBs_and_marinas_ShoemakerBay_boats.BGL", and the boats themselves come from the FSX library "vehicles_water.bgl".  ;)

(Blow the pictures up to Full Screen to read the tags.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:48:22 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »
I didn't realize those were from FSX, Jeff. I've got to do some more looking, those are some nice boats that I haven't used.

As for the "Green Names" ... that is FSDiscover!  RTMM has a database of over 900 data entries for all kinds of things that the GMAC database left out ... and it has THOUSANDS of them.  Also, all of our "locations" are in the rtmm.dat file for FSDiscover. It is Payware, but one of the better dollars spent (for my money). This makes the Trip Tic's come alive because the turns being pointed out are right there coming up on your screen.

Doug

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 03:00:06 PM »
Sorry, but the "green names" are created by Instant Scenery 2.  I'm not using FSDiscover! in those shots.  I was digging up those file/folder names for Grayrider.  There must be a problem with his "...ShoemakerBay_boats.bgl" file, or is there an update for TF that he's missed, maybe.

OH, ok.  I see, Doug.  I hadn't seen the above question about FSDiscover.  Yes, that is a scenery tag program we use, called FSDiscover! which shows the names of landmarks, airports, geological features, etc. as you fly along.  The database is updated regularly here at RTMM, for locations around our area.  You should get it.     
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 03:07:12 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 03:15:47 PM »
HI GrayRider,

This is the location of the file that Jeff is referring to....check to see if it is there.....

.....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority\scenery\TF_FSX_SPBs_and_marinas_ShoemakerBay_boats.BGL

If it is missing, that means bigger problems and you would need to repair Tongass by running "repair" if you have that exe in the Tongass_Fjords folder or reinstall Tongass....

Rod

GrayRider

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 04:08:26 PM »
Rod.

I just checked my Tongass X files.I'm attaching a screenshot of the file you mentioned.It is there.I'm a PC dummy.So I'm not sure whats next,to figure out why the boats are missing.
In my FSX library my Tongass X higher and lower priority folders are sitting just under my ORBX stuff,and are in proper order etc.

GrayRider
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 04:51:22 PM by GrayRider »

Handie

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 04:32:19 PM »
I went to TF07 and I have also all boats :
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Holger Sandmann

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2012, 04:49:36 PM »
Hi guys,

since the docks and breakwater berms are also placed by the same Tongass X file it can't be an issue with the placement file nor can it be some exclude that removes objects (it would remove everything). Instead, I'd check for the "vehicles_water.bgl" file in \Scenery\Global\scenery, which contains the default FSX boats. It should be about 42MB in size and date stamped September 2007.

FYI, all global FSX default object libraries are located in that folder.

Cheers, Holger

GrayRider

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2012, 04:56:06 PM »
I added another screenshot where I put the other screenshot above,that shows I have the Tongass X TF_FSX_SPBs_and_marinas_ShoemakerBay_boats.BGL that Rod wanted me to check for etc.

GrayRider

GrayRider

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2012, 05:09:18 PM »
I saw Holgers reply.

Here is a shot of my vehicles_water BGL Holger referenced.So I guess I have everything I need.Now it's trying to figure out why the boats won't show up at TF-07

GrayRider
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 05:27:56 PM by GrayRider »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2012, 05:51:08 PM »
HI GrayRider,

Your vehicles_water.bgl file is fine but you are missing  ......._boats.bgl files in your Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority\Scenery folder...........I know Holger said that the same file places the berms and the boats, but I just tested it on my system and when I remove the TF_FSX_SPBs_and_marinas_ShoemakerBay_boats.BGL from my .....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority\scenery folder and that is exactly what happens....no boats but the berms and docks are there.

Now, you are missing the 3 ...... _boats.bgl files from your Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority\Scenery folder (assuming they are in alphabetical order).  You do have a copy of them in the Cache folder (in your picture)....so.....copy (not cut) these 3

TF_FSX_SPBs_and_marinas_Petersburg_boats.BGL
TF_FSX_SPBs_and_marinas_ShoemakerBay_boats.BGL
TF_FSX_SPBs_and_marinas_Sitka_boats.BGL

files from the Cache folder to the .....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority\scenery folder and then you should see the boats. 

The big question is why did those files disappear from you the scenery folder.....you may have a corrupt Tongass .....

Rod

Holger Sandmann

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2012, 06:01:37 PM »
Hi Rod,

doh! Nice catch there, you're 100% correct and I totally forgot that I placed those boats separately from the docks. The reason for this was that, like many default objects, those models can have an fps impact if placed in larger numbers, something that was still a much bigger issue (in regards to hardware) when Tongass X was released three years ago.

In fact, the simple solution to GrayRider's "mystery" is likely to run the Tongass Fjords control panel and activate the "Static boats at Sitka and Petersburg marina" checkbox.

Cheers, Holger
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 06:03:36 PM by Holger Sandmann »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2012, 06:16:09 PM »
I'm thinking now that the "whole problem" in the first place was that they were deactivated in the control panel all along.  Simply run the control panel as Holger says, and see if the boats appear.  Wouldn't that be funny?

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »
Hi Holger,

Funny, I thought of the option on the panel but dismissed it because it doesn't mention Shoemaker Bay otherwise I would have suggested that possiblity....but now that we have identified the Sitka, Petersburg missing files it all makes sense.....thanks, Holger!   At least it means there is no corruption issue.

GrayRider you will need to run the Configurator to set the option......

TongassFjords FSX.exe   or    TongassFjordsFSXConfig64.exe (if the first one won't work and you have a 64 bit system).

They (or at least one of them) can be found in the main Tongass folder

Rod
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 06:32:16 PM by stiletto2 »