Author Topic: AI Float Traffic - Where to install/copy?  (Read 10027 times)

Werner

AI Float Traffic - Where to install/copy?
« on: February 06, 2011, 06:38:42 AM »
I need help! Where I have to install/copy the 12 ADEX-Files (13Z_ADEX_KG.BGL ...)? What is the correct path in Flightsimulator (F:Flightsimulator/.......)?

I hope, someone can help me.

Best regards
Werner

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: AI Float Traffic - Where to install/copy?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 07:44:20 AM »
The readme does contain this information, but I will explain it further.

First this is the readme text.

As the ADEX files in this set will replace the same type of file supplied with the ORBx package it is important that they are above the ORBX scenery in your scenery library tree, for all RTMM sceneries you may find it best to create a folder for airfields (RTMM Airports) and inside that you should have a folder called scenery, it is this folder the ADEX filse should go, also any scenery you get that has an ADEX file AND a .cvx file, that should also go in here with the ADEX file.

In the FSX folder is a folder called addon scenery, for the sake of better trouble shooting it is good practice to create sub folder within this folder for different scenery sets.

So, open the addon scenery folder and create a new folder called AI Float Traffic. Now open that folder and create a further folder called scenery, this is the process that should be followed for all sceneris that consist of just bgl and cvx type files, any addon scenery that also has any textures you will also need to create a folder called texture alongside the scenery folder and the textures go in there.

No texture are with this set, so just make a scenery folder. Place the ADEX files into the scenery folder.

Place the traffic.bgl into the FSX\scenery\world\scenery folder

Start FSX

Got to settings then open the scenery library, click the add button and browse to the addon sceney folder then click on the AI float traffic folder to open it, but do not click on the scenery folder, FSX knows all about the scenery folder without need to be told.
click OK, you should not see the AI folder at the top of the tree, this is fine, as long as it is above the ORBx files that's OK.
Click ok to leave the librayr, FSX will rebuild the database to add the new files, fire up the sim and fly off somewhere fun.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 07:50:19 AM »
Here's how you install this package.
Unzip to a temporary folder on you hard drive.
After unzipping, you will see twelve .bgl files with ADEX in the file names. (13Z_ADEX_KG.BGL, etc.)
And you will find one .bgl file named: Traffic_MM_FSX_floatplanes

Create a folder in your FSX "Addon Scenery" folder named "RTMM Seaplane AI Traffic"
Create a sub-folder in "RTMM Seaplane AI Traffic" named "scenery"

Now carefully follow along here. Take each of the twelve .bgl files with ADEX in the name that you just unzipped and put just those twelve files into the /RTMM Seaplane AI Traffic/ scenery/ folder you just created. Make sure you do NOT put the .bgl file that begins with "Traffic" into this folder.

Take the remaining file from the unzip process named, "Traffic_MM_FSX_floatplanes" and put that into your FSX programs /Scenery/World/Scenery folder.

Now start up FSX. Once everything loads up you should be brought to the "Free Flight" screen.

On the "Free Flight" screen, on the left hand side, select "Settings"
On the "Settings" screen, on the right hand side where "Other Settings" are, select "Scenery Library"
On the "Settings - Scenery Library" screen, on the right hand side, select "Add Area"
That will open up a file browser window, locate the "Addon Scenery" folder and double click on that.
Another file browser window opens, locate the "RTMM Seaplane AI Traffic" folder and SINGLE click that.
Now select "OK"
And select "OK" again to exit and the program begins to compile your new scenery library order.

You should now be able to go to any of the seaplane locations you just added to the "Pacific Fjords" and have AI Seaplanes sharing your skies!! Try Z43, it's a busy little place.

That should get you up and running.

Let us know if things are now working and we hope you enjoy the new traffic.

Brad

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 07:51:54 AM »
Sorry Kim, didn't mean to step on your toes here. Looks like we were replying at the same time.

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 08:08:26 AM »
No Problem, no one should have any problems with it now that's for sure!! ;D ;D

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 11:35:21 AM »
Installed as per instructions.  Don't see traffic at Misty's yet.  Is there a specific time?
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 11:38:04 AM »
Most of the traffic starts around 9:00 am local time, it flies about the place till around 15:00 hrs each day.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 11:40:24 AM »
Rob,
The AI float traffic requires Tongas Fjords X, do you have that package on your computer?  If not Nadda for A/C to show.
 :-\
Later,

Spud

Werner

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 12:11:50 PM »
Hello Avian, hello Bradallen43,
thank you so much for your help and Support. Now everything is ok and I can join this super scenery :)

Greetings from Germany
Werner

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 11:11:05 PM »
Thanks Spud (and everyone else too).  That must be it.  I've been there in the late afternoon as sunset is my favorite time of day.   I can see the additional AI aircraft compared to before the installation so that's not a problem.   I'll just have to dial back the time a bit and see what happens!

Thanks    ;D

ps   I do have Tongas X installed sincce last July.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:26:42 AM by Dragnhorn »
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

BernieF

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 07:34:40 AM »
Hi all

What should your percentage settings be for AI Taffic and AI Boats for the sliders in the Traffic Section of the FS  Options/Display Menu

Cheers

Bernie

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 08:15:17 AM »
For the AI planes anything above about ten percent will show them.

For the ships, I have my large ship slider set at around 50%

Small boats should be around 16% as recommended by ORBx depending on your machine and the FPS hit, I find a setting of 25% works for me.

BernieF

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 09:46:50 AM »
Thanks Avian.

Will give that a try.

Cheers

Bernie.