Author Topic: "The Cabins" Page Revamp and Missing Cabins & Shelters Additions  (Read 7547 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: "The Cabins" Page Revamp and Missing Cabins & Shelters Additions
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 07:15:18 PM »
The RTMM Missing Cabins.zip file has all the cabins in it.  All you need to do is put it in your addon scenery activate the scenery folder in it that has all of the missing cabins.

D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:29:53 PM by Doug »

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 07:52:48 PM »
The RTMM Missing Cabins.zip file has all the cabins in it.  All you need to do is put it in your addon scenery activate the scenery folder in it that has all of the missing cabins.

D

I already did that.There is only 8 missing cabins in the RTMM Missing Cabins.zip It is activated.I was asking about the other 18 cabins Spud mentioned earlier in this thread?.

How many Cabins should be in the RTMM Missing Cabins.zip?

GrayRider 
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 09:06:13 PM »
Yes, you could do that.  The BGL files are all uniquely named, and most likely easily identifiable.  They could all reside in one scenery folder, perhaps the same one the missing cabins are in.  Then, when you activate/deactivate them, it's a matter of all or nothing.  Either all cabins are showing, or none.  No idea why you would want to turn them off though?!

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 10:13:49 PM »
GreyRider,
the 18 cabins I noted in my post are the fictional cabins made up by RTMM.  They are all available in the Scenery download section.  The RTMM Missing Cabins file are additional REAL cabins that were not included in either Tongass X or PFJ SP1.  I was confused myself about the 18 I mentioned until it was explained that those 18 are just RTMM addon scenery and not based on real cabins like the ones in the Missing Cabins download.
 8)
Later,

Spud

GrayRider

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 10:31:18 PM »
No problem Spud.

I understand what your saying,about the 18 cabins.I haven't donloaded any of those yet.I did install the RTMM Missing Cabins Folder etc.

For now.I unchecked these folders in the Library:
TongassX-Admiralty-Island-Cabins
TongassX-Petersburg-Wrangell-Cabins
TongassX-Sitka-Cabins
Knowing some of these cabins may be sitting in the water,or not correctly located etc.

I followed Dougs Notam's 1,2,3 &4 about the Cabins etc.

GrayRider 

Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

HeH

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 08:26:31 AM »
Hello,

just some feedback from my side to this cabin-discussion. I checked the cabins contained in the T,P and R files against the Petersburg, Sitka and Admirality cabins from Juergen. In total Juergen has 78 cabins, 38 out of them a double because they are in T,P and R (Tongass, Pacific Fjords and RTMM missing Cabins).
So if You have all of the above files running together You can expect 38 duplicates.

I figured out that one cabin is missing on the cabin page that is contained in the Tongass add-on.This is the Petersburg Lake cabin.

I have a list about all the cabins from Juergen where I marked those ones that are listed and the RTMM cabin-page. I can send it if it's of interrest.

Regards

Helmut

Doug

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 09:06:47 AM »
Helmut, thank you!  Yes you are correct. Here are some things Dieter and I are working on together:

1. Designator changed for Karta Lake from T to P
2. Red Alder Cabin is missing ... we're working on it
3. Petersburg Lake Cabin is missing ... we're working on it
4. Wolf's Cabin ... showing in PFJ, but not on USFS as a Cabin, only a shelter. We'll get to the bottom of that.

Dieter is working on a Plan-G file for everyone who is interested in making this project absolutely correct. We'll be working on it over the weekend, etc and have it finished by early next week.

If anyone sees anything else, let us know.  We'd like to get this project finished, but finished CORRECTLY so it is accurate for everyone. Then it won't change until Holger gives us the new Southeast Alaska, when we will probably be adding more around Juneau and Skagway, etc.

Thanks for the input, keep it coming. It will be interesting to have the "doubles" list. I'm sure folks will have them in the future.

Doug

PS ... yes, send us what you have, all of this is valuable.  Send to mistymoorings@jdlinn.com and I'll get it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:09:21 AM by Doug »

HeH

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 09:36:50 AM »
Hello Doug,

here is the file. Column A is just for sorting purposes, no special meaning.

Regards

Helmut

Doug

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 05:35:07 PM »
OK, for those interested, the RTMM Missing Cabins.zip file is updated. We have added Petersburg Lake Cabin which we had left out, and we added Red Alder Cabin and Wolfe's Cabin. These latter two are not USFS cabins, but they came in with the PFJ SP1, so we want to give them a "home" and we'll host their documentation on The Cabins page since these came from Bill and Holger. Dieter is working on a new Plan-G waypoints file that will match all this. We should have it all finalized by early next week. For now, the latest zip file is up there as of 5:34 EST 08.23.2012.

D

GrayRider

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 05:50:44 PM »
Where is this latest updated missing cabins.zip.

I'm still in cabin mode installing,so to speak.

GrayRider 

Doug

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »
Same place, just updated, top of the USFS cabins page.

D

GrayRider

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 06:15:52 PM »
I'm on the USFS Cabins page now.AQt the top of the Cabins page I don't see the download button.If it's like the screenshot that Handie added from page one of this topic.I'm not seeing it at my end?.

In the install and instructions section towards the top.In the lower left corner there is a clickable download button?.

GrayRider

Doug

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 06:26:08 PM »
I don't know how to make it clearer ...

GrayRider

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 08:04:25 PM »
I got the download now.

I want to ask a question related to the RTMMCabins zip.

Since you added two cabins into the Cabins.zip today.I download it a few minutes ago and I installed it,replacing the whole folder that was there.There are 8 files in the RTMM Cabins scenery folder I downloaded yesterday.If you put two new cabins into the file today.Should I be seeing 10 files in the cabins.zip?.
I downloaded and installed the updated cabins zip a few minutes ago.I looked in it's scenery folder again,and there are still only 8 files in it?.

I'm trying to get adjusted to what I should be seeing in the cabins.zip scenery folder.So I know whats been added etc.

I'm trying to get a grip on this cabins.zip when you update it etc.

GrayRider

Doug

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2012, 09:00:55 PM »
Don't go into the "scenery" folder ... just leave it all alone. It works, all of the files are in there. The "count" of files has nothing to do with content.  Just do as the instructions say and it will work.

D