Author Topic: Glacier Bay Flight Adventure for MSFS  (Read 8038 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Glacier Bay Flight Adventure for MSFS
« on: July 30, 2023, 10:44:20 PM »
Hey everyone,

I have created a mission set for use in MSFS. It's inspired by the one I did a long time ago for RTMM in Glacier Bay. You can fly it and try it out now by downloading the first of the trips I have completed. Glacier Bay National Park Trip One: The East Arm

https://flightsim.to/file/58939/glacier-bay-national-park-trip-one-the-east-arm

I hope you like it.

Brad

kaha

Re: Glacier Bay Flight Adventure for MSFS
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 05:43:52 AM »
Great to see this, Brad, I just flew it in the Black Square Analog Bonanza, great experience!

I don't fly glass cockpits, so I changed the aircraft in the .flt file, but maybe there could be an option that gives the possibility to choose another aircraft after loading the mission?

Thank you,
Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 10:32:37 AM »
Hello Karl,

I believe there is an application you can use that will change parameters of bush trips. Like you did, I will just change the .FLT file to an aircraft of my choice. I’ll see if I can find a link to that program. Think it’s called mission changer or something like that. It’s developed by the same person that created the bush trip injector program I use to create these adventure flights.

This link takes you to the downloads page where you can find BushTrip Injector and Mission Changer programs.

https://www.bushtripinjector.de/downloads/

Thomas has created those two programs

So all the way points with text to speech voice information, you were able to hear those all the way during your trip I take it, it worked well for you? It works for me, but I’m always curious to make sure that it’s working for everyone else.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 10:39:32 AM by Bradallen43 »

kaha

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 11:07:25 AM »
Thank you Brad.

Yes, the speech voive information worked for me, except for one waypoint, the Adams Inlet. I was rather far off course and when I already had passed it it still didn't talk to me. So I flew back and straight over it, then I heard it.

Everything else worked.

Karl

kaha

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2023, 11:13:45 AM »
Here you can see how far I got without the voice for Adams Inlet.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 01:44:46 PM »
For me that’s part of the learning process and how I make these trips. I had one person on a trip that I did that was asking if they could do the trip with a king air or a faster moving twin engine turbo prop. And I was honest I said you’re probably not gonna get a lot of the voice activation because you’re gonna fly too fast and not be able to make those turns. But he went ahead and tried it. He did report it back and said yeah he had to go back and do circles to get the activation to engage, so I have to keep that in mind.

Most of the time I create them with just a Cessna aircraft in mind so those are easier to make sure you hit the way points on.

Thanks for the feedback

kaha

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2023, 04:14:55 PM »
Yes, some of the voices triggered quite close after another. I was flying rather slow, the trip took me 1 hour and 34 minutes:

http://www.mistymooringsflyingclub.com/index.php/pireps/view/23636

I understand that you need to time the frequency of voice triggers in regard to flying speed.

Keep those missions coming, Brad.

Karl

Moshe

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2023, 04:40:13 PM »
Hi Brad,
We just landed from this mission, took it as a stand alone flight plan and used only its route.
This plan is amazing! We had a blend of ice and water, sun and rain, fog and clear view, up the slope, down the slope, mountain passes, steep turns, rainbow...
Such a beautiful flight. Thank you and thank RTMM team for this experience.
We will be happy to get the following plans to explore.
All the Best,
Moshe

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2023, 08:17:35 PM »
You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed the trip.

I've stopped creating any trips in Alaska for now.

I was planning on doing several of these bush flight seeing trips but the simulator graphics for the terrain, landscape, etc. is just horribly inconsistent. You have photoreal areas that look fantastic but they are next to default graphic representations that frankly look terrible to me. It really looks bad on a lot of the glaciers in Glacier Bay.

Don't know if MSFS will ever improve on Alaska and the northern reaches of Canada. That would be a shame if they don't. My guess is that they won't now that MSFS 2024 is the focus.

JMHO,
Brad
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 08:19:26 PM by Bradallen43 »