Author Topic: Planes  (Read 34264 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Planes
« on: August 18, 2012, 09:01:35 PM »
Hi fellow simmers. I was just wondering what planes other folks fly at RTMM. Besides the defaults in FSX I'm flying a Piper Super Cub with tundra wheels, Cessna 208B amphib, DHC2-Beaver Mk3T (FOPA), a DHC-6 Twin Otter (FOPI), a Wilga and a Maule Nor-Cal, both amphibs also. Any other freeware, or payware, planes out there I haven't come across yet?
                                   JJ
Jsapair

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Planes
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 09:37:14 PM »
Hi JJ!!

I fly the Carenado C185 in various configurations. Mainly the bush model. Also still using the Carenado U206 "Stationair" amphibian too. I occasionally use the Flight Replica's "Super Cub" too.

Welcome to RTMM and make yourself at home.

Brad

HighGround

• Throckmorton Throttlebottom
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 04:26:03 PM »
One aircraft that I get a lot of mileage with is Real Air's marvelous little ACA Scout.  It features wheeled versions, as well as Tundra, Ski and Amphib (my fave for RTMM).  It's a beautiful aircraft and cheap as chips.  See it here:

http://www.realairsimulations.com/content1.php?page=scout07_scout

As a sweet bonus with this aircraft, there are a number of add-ons available at FlightSim.com.  The best of the lot, imho, is a package of 13 paints for the Scout -- all of which are bush-plane related.  Some of them are beautifully weathered and they're all you'd want to fly in RTMM.

Go to http://www.flightsim.com/ and search for "RealAir Scout".  The 13-pack I mentioned is named "scoutfsx.zip".

So there y'go -- another option. 

For me, it's almost always either this aircraft or the Aerosoft Beaver in RTMM-Land.
-Jon
Russell Lake, Dartmouth, Nose Kosher, Kanuckistan

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 05:43:14 PM »
I agree with Jon on that.  I have the Scout package, and they are great little planes. My main plane though, is the Aerosoft Beaver. (modified).  Although, I'd still love it if it were stock.  The past few days, I've been flying the "Alaska Forestry" paint scheme, in keeping with my "Dispatch missions" theme of US Forest Service cabin inspections.  That paint is only available on the standard wheels version.  I couldn't stand for that, so I created Tundra and amphibian versions also.  The Tundra version fits like a glove.  The amphibian, not so much.  Well, the plane looks great, but there are "tires" on the floats.  I can fix that.  I am grinning widely now as I inspect cabins in my Alaska State Forestry amphibian beaver.  Too bad I can't use this model in the final release of the mission, as it's a one-of-a-kind plane.  (Unless someone else has done this already.)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jsapair

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 06:11:43 PM »
I found an additional texture for the default Beaver in my files. Its in the Alaska Air Charter colors of orange and white with Alaska Air Taxi on the tail. I don't recall where I got it...AVSIM or Surcarlo maybe. The file name is 'alairch.zip' if anyone wants to look for it. Textures, a cnfg add and a read me.

JJ
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 06:45:56 PM »
Thanks!  Now I have an orange beaver.  :-[  :o  ;D  ;)  8)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:01:59 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

gdawg

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 08:20:44 PM »
I'm kind of partial to a couple of Lionheart Creations planes, the Quest Kodiak:

and the Aerospool Dynamic WT-9 are great planes:

More pictures here if you're interestered :) http://s899.photobucket.com/albums/ac196/gdawg_bucket/Mistys/?albumview=slideshow

Gary

tphelps

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 11:45:08 PM »
Like Gary, I'm partial to the Kodiak, What an amazing plane! I can also be found twisting the stick in my Flight Replicas' Super Cub in both tundra and amphib configurations. Love the MM 'Checkered Cub' paint!

BTW, I didn't see the MM repaint for the Kodiak--very nice! Where can that be found?

Thanks,

Ted
Corsair Obsidian 650D chassis, AMD FX8350 4.6Ghz, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, Corsair Hydro H100i, ADATA XPG 16GB 1866 DDR3, Gigabyte Windforce OC HD7870 2 GB, ADATA S511 120GB SSD (OS), ADATA XPG SX900 512GB SSD (FSX), WD Caviar BK 1TB (Data), OCZ Fatal1ty 750 PSU, Asus Xonar Audio, Win 7 Pro 64

HighGround

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 05:33:34 PM »
Thanks!  Now I have an orange beaver.  :-[  :o  ;D  ;)  8)
Hey Jeff:

You may perhaps find this one a bit interesting:  Some time back, I rummaged down there in the AS Beaver's Tundra section, scabbed the John May's Charter paint and took some liberties with it.

I converted it to an amphib, and I re-lettered the John May advertising on the fuselage to something with a more RTMM-Local flavour.  By taking the names of two lakes and creating a fictitious bush pilot named Jim Shaheen, I have something that offers a bit of utility when I want to fly something "different".

The colour is a tad garish, but I'm assured that it's an international orange that's used by a fair number of bush pilots.

-Jon

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 08:19:42 PM »
That looks great Jon.  Orange is the best color when you're flying out here.  (if someone needs to find you for some reason).  Of course, if you want to hide from them, . . . it sucks.   ;D

jsapair

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 10:43:08 PM »
That Kodiak is gorgeous. Haven't seen one before now. I'm flying another amphib called a Maule M7-260. Real fun plane to fly, very responsive. So responsive, in fact, if you ever get over to Aiken Creek maybe you could help me turn it back over. The file name is 'nor_cal_anphibian_maule.zip'.  The misspelling is intentional. This particular version is from the Nor Cal Flying Club, or some such. GPS is there but it's way over at shift+8. A kick to fly though. I'd love to get into this heavily enough to do repaints, etc., like you folks do. Heck, I was feeling pretty smug when I tweaked my first config file! I'll get there sooner or later as long as there's instructions along the way. I used to turn up fiber optic multiplexers for a living so I can read a manual.
                                      JJ
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 12:36:30 AM »
I "borrowed" some floats from another plane, and now the pontoons are shiny metal.

HighGround

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 02:52:26 PM »
 'Ey Jeff!  Dat's ver' nize, dat, by gar!

Frum: Pierre of da Nort' Woods
-Jon

Handie

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 08:18:18 AM »
One aircraft that I get a lot of mileage with is Real Air's marvelous little ACA Scout.

As a sweet bonus with this aircraft, there are a number of add-ons available at FlightSim.com.  The best of the lot, imho, is a package of 13 paints for the Scout -- all of which are bush-plane related.  Some of them are beautifully weathered and they're all you'd want to fly in RTMM.

Go to http://www.flightsim.com/ and search for "RealAir Scout".  The 13-pack I mentioned is named "scoutfsx.zip".

So there y'go -- another option. 

For me, it's almost always either this aircraft or the Aerosoft Beaver in RTMM-Land.
Thank you very much for the link, I was able to download the new liveries for my Scout  :)

And yesterday, I finally bought the Aerosoft Beaver X on which I was lusting for some time already  ;)
I only have to try it  8)
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Fishbone

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 12:48:52 PM »
Hello,

Just to add that my favourites planes to fly over PFJ are :

The Lionheart Quest Kodiak
The Carenado Cessna C185F (floats, amphib. tundra, ski)
The FSX Grumman Goose updated by OzX
The Aerosoft Catalina

and also
The Bird Dog from Sibwings
The Aerosoft PZL Wilga
Pilatus Porter from Tim "Piglet" Conrad, also the FSD version

And for short trips : the Austdrifter from Anthony Ant

I'm waiting for the Aerosoft Antonov AN-2

I'm pretty sure than Super Cub and C185 will be "must to have", soon, to land on gravel bars.

Xavier