Author Topic: Planes  (Read 34319 times)

gdawg

Re: Planes
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »

The Aerosoft PZL Wilga
Pilatus Porter from Tim "Piglet" Conrad, also the FSD version

I'm waiting for the Aerosoft Antonov AN-2

I'm pretty sure than Super Cub and C185 will be "must to have", soon, to land on gravel bars.

Xavier

Yes, I totally forgot Tim Conrads Porter! I like that one a heck of a lot.

But I also like his PZL M-18A  which in my opinion compliments the Wigla  quite nicely. I think Alabeo has just put out something similar haven't they? The  C188B AGtruck I believe.

And there are a couple of FSX ports for Milton Shupes (and gang) Beech D-18 that are really fun to boot around in. particularly one by Vladimir Gonchar in a "Rusty Myers" theme that is on floats.
Gary

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 09:36:45 PM »
Hi Fishbone, I also have the Ozx Goose Redux version. Somewhere along the way I came across the saga of a Pacific Clipper, B-314 NC18602, that was caught in New Zealand when WWll broke out.You may be aware of it also. It had to virtually fly around the world to get back home to S.F. while avoiding the war. There's also a book on it titled "The Long Way Home." I've got the flight plans from that trip and could post them or someone could probably Google the above and find the whole package. I don't think I saved the original .zip file. I attempted the first leg but it's like 900+ miles, as most of them are. Good slew trip maybe. Some interesting history though. I'll attach the .PDF for those interested.
                                           JJ
Jsapair

jsapair

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 10:35:56 PM »
Here's that Maule ME-7 260 I mentioned earlier. Sweet plane to fly with great sound...BUT...it has an annoying habit of wanting to dip the left wing while in flight. Is that something that can be remedied in the config?
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 11:15:28 PM »
Try adjusting your rudder trim.  Do you have realism settings checked for torque or gyro?  Uncheck those.  If you have rudder pedals, make sure you're not "pressing" on one of them.  That's all I can think of at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:17:04 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 10:54:19 PM »
Solution to the wandering airplane with the Maule is very simple.  Just go into the function to adjust weight and passengers and add a co-pilot of equal weight and she putts along straight and level forever.
The rudder trim adjust was talked about when this A/C came out for FS9 and does work but takes awhile to get it right.  Adding a co-pilot is quick permanent and easy.
 8)
Later,

Spud

tphelps

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 11:01:10 AM »
Here's that Maule ME-7 260 I mentioned earlier. Sweet plane to fly with great sound...BUT...it has an annoying habit of wanting to dip the left wing while in flight. Is that something that can be remedied in the config?

I've enjoyed flying the Nor-Cal Amphib Maule as well. I haven't flown her in a while, but I don't remember the left wing dipping. I'll have to check her out tonight. I'm a big fan of the Maule. I'd love to see Carenado (or other developer) release a nicely detailed HD Maule with all variations, to include amphibian and tri-cycle configurations.

Thanks,

Ted
Corsair Obsidian 650D chassis, AMD FX8350 4.6Ghz, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, Corsair Hydro H100i, ADATA XPG 16GB 1866 DDR3, Gigabyte Windforce OC HD7870 2 GB, ADATA S511 120GB SSD (OS), ADATA XPG SX900 512GB SSD (FSX), WD Caviar BK 1TB (Data), OCZ Fatal1ty 750 PSU, Asus Xonar Audio, Win 7 Pro 64

jsapair

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 12:00:18 AM »
Spud, adding the co-pilot did the trick on the Maule amphib. Thanks. Never paid that much attention to the payload option in that section. I will now. Just installed and flew the Stewart to Bowser Cabin. Sweet.
Jsapair

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 02:17:56 PM »
I've been looking around for others that may have two planes,,I've been wondering about.

The RealAir Citabria/Decathlon/Scout and the Aerosoft BushhawkXP.Both planes appear to be a a little to pricey for me.Probably more than I'd want to pay for older planes that came out in 2007.Heck the BushhawkXP is close to 50 dollars.
Small bush flying amphibian planes are hard to find.Payware or freeware

Both these planes have the amphibian and wheeled versions.It seems they would be great bush flying planes for the RTMM locations.
I prefer the amphibian verses the plain float.I do fly the NorCal Maule.I wish I could find some paints for it.The NorCal appears to be a stand alone version,modified I guess by NorCal,not the FSX one etc.

Maybe someone may know of some good freeware amphibian planes and paints.I'm not finding many etc.

GrayRider

Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

archangel1

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 08:13:50 PM »
...The RealAir Citabria/Decathlon/Scout and the Aerosoft BushhawkXP.Both planes appear to be a a little to pricey for me.Probably more than I'd want to pay for older planes that came out in 2007.Heck the BushhawkXP is close to 50 dollars...

Who's charging $50 for the Bush Hawk XP? It's on sale at the moment direct from Aerosoft for just over $20US.

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,6227631170,D10847

The RealAir bird is actually quite a bargain at roughly $24 - 3 different a/c, 5 variants and 28 liveries, plus the Bill Womack scenery for Bear Gulch (although I don't know if it's still compatible with the Orbx scenery).

There's also the CR1-Software Aeronca Champ which is available at between $6 and $15, depending on what you're willing to pay.  Three versions with seven variants (float only, no amphib, sorry) and long or short tail versions of all of those.

http://cr1-software.com/addons/aeronca-champ/

There are a fair number of freeware floatplanes (e.g. Luscombe, Corben Baby Ace) but not so many amphibs, as you say, unless you're looking at something vintage, such as the Sikorsky S-40.

Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 08:51:28 PM »
One of the two mentioned.I saw at the flightsimstore.com that costs so much.I also saw them at simmarket.com.I have bought some items from these two sites,using my credit card,without any issues.

I've never bought anything from Aerosoft.com or the RealAir website using my credit card.So I don't know if Aerosoft.com is a trusted site,when my credit is involved etc.

I'll have a look at the Aerosoft one you are referring to.One of those two planes,from what I'm hearing is a little heavy on frame rates,based on reviews of the product etc.

GrayRider 
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

archangel1

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 09:49:01 PM »
I've been dealing direct with both Aerosoft (since at least 2006, and that was a credit card purchase) and with RealAir for several years and there have been no problems.  Admittedly, I make most of my purchases through PayPal but that has direct access to my bank account!

Several of my Aerosoft purchases were through simMarket.  I also deal with FlightSim Store, FlightSim Pilot Shop and PC Aviator, as well as direct with a dozen other developers and I've never had a single problem over the past decade, whether I used a card or PayPal.
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 11:52:36 PM »
I'd have to agree with archangel1.  I just purchased a Lancair Legacy ($41.13 US dollars) from Realair Simulations using Paypal yesterday.  I accidentally clicked the buy button twice somehow, and made two purchases of the same download.  I requested a refund of the second purchase immediately, and e-mailed Realair Simulations to explain the situation.  This morning I had responses from Realair Simulations CEO and Paypal, verifying that the refund was paid.  I am happy now, and Realair has become one of my favorites.  I have purchased downloads for several years now, and never had a "bad transaction".  I also use all of the above mentioned companies, and storefronts.  I only use credit cards online if Paypal is not available. 

BTW, I also purchased a Quest Kodiak over the weekend. ($25.49)  (I still like the Aerosoft Beaver X more)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

gdawg

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 09:34:34 PM »

BTW, I also purchased a Quest Kodiak over the weekend. ($25.49)  (I still like the Aerosoft Beaver X more)

The Aerosoft Beaver is a hard plane to compare any other too but the Kodiak will grow on you  ;D I also have their Pasped skylark for Sunday morning flights and I use their Dynamic Wt-9 for grass strip hopping in PNW (that can be lots of fun) and I just picked up their Diamond DA40 but of late I've been flying the Carenado C U206G right now I'm trying to put some aluminium floats on her :D

Gary

jsapair

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 10:05:17 PM »
 Hi folks.  I downloaded and installed a Wilga package (freeware) with 4 liveries but can't get them to show in FSX. Not a re-paint, full package. Tried everything I know, looks like everything is as it should be in the Sim Objs. Each livery has model, sound, texture, effects folder, etc. Wondering if that might be a payware plane and I'm beating a dead horse. Didn't see any mention of it though. I believe the original dl file name was FSXwickedwilga if any of you might know anything about that package.
                                          JJ
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2012, 01:38:15 AM »
Hi JJ,
     I just downloaded and installed the Wilga package.  I found the installed planes in my selection page under PZL Wilga, I believe.  The question I have to ask is "did you install four folders into your airplanes directory?"  I did, and they show up just fine.  If you drag/drop the "planes" folder from the zip, that won't work.  The aircraft folders are "inside" that planes folder.  I also drag/dropped the effects folder into my FSX main folder.

There is a problem with the rain on the windshield, in VC that needs to be fixed.  And the built-in GPS floats in the air, right in your face.  I'm glad it was freeware.

I haven't read any documentation on it yet, as it is already late and I must go to bed.  But those issues may be covered in a readme file.  G'nite ya'all.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:12:13 AM by jeff3163 »