Author Topic: Need FSHost and TS servers and password  (Read 10466 times)

Carl100

Need FSHost and TS servers and password
« on: August 01, 2012, 11:24:33 AM »
New to RTMM and need servers and passwords for FSHost and Teamspeak.  thanks
Carl100

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Need FSHost and TS servers and password
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 05:47:18 PM »
Sorry Carl100 for everyone leaving you hanging all this time.  It should be painfully obvious to you by now that we are not really all that social when it comes to flying.  None of us really "get together" to fly, although we tried to at first.  The life of a bush pilot is often a lonely one, with solitary excursions to godforsaken backwaters.  Be sure to take pictures while you're out there though.  Everybody loves pictures.  You can fly with VNAC, or Virtual Northern Air Charters.  But that too is usually done solo.  I fly multiplayer flights on Sundays with the group from Com-Central's Sunday Circus.  But that's not really "bush" flying.  We're in Australia presently. 

I don't really expect Carl to be monitoring this thread anymore, but I thought someone should give some kind of explanation.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Carl100

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 07:59:32 AM »
OK, Thanks.

HighGround

• Throckmorton Throttlebottom
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 04:35:09 PM »
Hey there, Jeff:

Carl's thread gets me to thinking (always a dangerous proposition): 

Although the RTMM denizens of a year or more ago were NOT interested in collaborating, perhaps that's not necessarily the case now.

As I recall, it's not all that complicated to set-up a TS lashup, and it doesn't make any onerous footprint on the server.   Hence . . .

D'you s'pose we should be thinking of cobbling together a wee TS location for those who maybe want to have company?  See where it goes, and react accordingly?

To use the current catchphrase, "Just sayin' . . . " :D
-Jon
Russell Lake, Dartmouth, Nose Kosher, Kanuckistan

Carl100

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 10:23:07 PM »
If any Misty Moorings pilots want to group flight on VATSIM, I would be glad to let my Teamspeak channel be used. Just PM me for server and password.

Jordansheck

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 12:46:24 PM »
We can also talk to Zoolander64 about his TS3 server, I know he have numerous flying groups using it. I think it would be pretty nice to see other aircraft around while flying down a valley or seeing them takeoff as you arrive at a CIRP location etc. We can use Vatsim for the flying, we wouldn't need a private server.

HighGround

• Throckmorton Throttlebottom
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 05:33:17 PM »
. . . We can use Vatsim for the flying, we wouldn't need a private server.
  We-e-e-e-e-e-ell  ???  It could well be that I need an education on the subject, but the word "regimentation" always leaps to my mind, when I see "Vatsim".

We can also talk to Zoolander64 about his TS3 server . . . .
Ah!  That seems like an interesting notion.  ;)

-Jon
Russell Lake, Dartmouth, Nose Kosher, Kanuckistan

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 08:31:29 PM »
Speaking of Zoolander and Digital Theme Park.
about a year ago I contacted them and set up a RTMM multiplayer room on there server.  I recently, when this post started, went back and due to driver problems with my sound card I had problems, they could hear me but I could not hear them.
By the time we got it worked out with TS3 I was too tired to pursue the room but I think it is still on the site and can be use for multiplayer flying.  I'll try and check out for sure tomorrow and let y'all know.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 04:48:35 AM »
Hi guys,

I visited DTP's TS3 chatrooms recently and can't find "Misty's Lounge" (or maybe I just overlooked it). I also downloaded and installed the TS2 per RTMM instruction but got an error prompt when trying to connect.

Are the RTMM multiplayer FSHost and/or Teamspeak servers still currently active? Just wondering. Thanks!

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 12:13:41 PM »
AFAIK there are no active servers for RTMM.
Digital Theme Park (DTP) does have a RTMM 'room' however I have forgotten just about all I tried to learn about DTP due to not being on their site recently.  (too busy with VA and RTMM plus life ATM).
Remember that DTP does not use TeamSpeak 2 but rather TeamSpeak 3 to access the site.
 8)
Later,

Spud

JTaylor801

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 06:00:59 PM »
We're looking at getting some multiplayer flights organized with vAL in the very near future.  When it's all setup, I'll post info here.

Jerry
Flight Sim Blogger
http://jerrygtaylor.com/fsblog/

CEO of virtual Air Logistics (vAL)
http://virtualairlogistics.org

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 06:27:53 PM »
I have TeamSpeak3 all set up and it works great.  Recently I teamed up with TeeCee from over at ORBX for a multiplayer flight in Tazmania.  We just did a direct IP connection where one person "hosts" the session and gives out the IP address for others to join.  Easy to do once a group meets on TeamSpeak fist.  Just sayin'   lol
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Trex3D

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 07:23:56 PM »
Thanks Spud, Jerry & Draghorn for your replies.  I have been using TS3 with my other flying community for a while and familiar with it. Way better than TS2 in terms of stability, clarity and features and is useful for flight training/seminars, weekend fly-ins, sharing of ideas, quick Q&As, set-up troubleshooting and of course, more personalized social interaction..for those who are interested.

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

Trex3D

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 11:39:31 PM »
I again visited DTP's TS3 server earlier hoping to find Misty's Lounge and other RTMM members if any by chance and I had a very welcoming and informative chat with its founder/owner Zoolander who granted me my "DTP citizenship" so I can go hop to other channels. He is encouraging RTMM members who are interested to maintain a TS3 chat room to get access pass (citizenship) from him or his staff members, regularly visit it and use the allocated channel created for the group for free. He further explained that normally his staff would monitor the state of activity in each of the allocated chat rooms and channels for activity. If it has become inactive or is seldom used for about a week or so, they would remove or delete it so the bandwidth can be allocated for others who will really use it. He also added that his TS3 server's controlled access is necessary to control access to any of DTP's chat rooms and carefully manage its bandwith, to screen out rowdy kids or stray groups who don't follow the rules and cause trouble. So if any of you are interested, I suggest you can keep in touch with him so he may also give pointers and entertain Q&A about DTP.

On the other hand, I also learned that Zoolander actually lived in the Alaska for about 30 years and is quite familiar with the area including the PNW region. You can get tips from him on which areas are the nicest to fly and visit in the real world. Nice guy to talk to...  8) Just PM him if you want to have access and you haven't yet been granted so.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:52:32 AM by Trex3D »

JTaylor801

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 10:47:07 AM »
You probably spoke to Todd after I did.   ;D

vAL is setup with a TS area on DTP and I'll be rolling out all the particulars to vAL membership this week.  Tentatively, I'm planning our first multiplayer group flight for NEXT Sunday, 23 June at 1900z (1500 EDT, 1200 PDT) for a group flight from Anchorage to Valdez. 

Now I understand this is not in the RTMM scenery areas, but only about half of my vAL pilots have all the scenery and figure this is a pretty easy flight for our first group flight. 

Of course, all RTMM members are welcome and I'll again mention the flight once I've nailed down all the particulars. 

Assuming the first group flight is successful (I see no reason why it wouldn't be) then more will be scheduled and certainly some within the RTMM scenery areas.  Of course, hopefully vAL pilots (and RTMM members) will also choose to conduct their own mini-group flights and take advantage of the TS channel to get to know each other. 

Should be FUN!

Jerry
Flight Sim Blogger
http://jerrygtaylor.com/fsblog/

CEO of virtual Air Logistics (vAL)
http://virtualairlogistics.org