Author Topic: Misty's Place / Map Room / Trip Tickets indicated  (Read 2848 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Misty's Place / Map Room / Trip Tickets indicated
« on: July 11, 2012, 09:34:24 AM »
An additional column has been given to the "start locations" table. If a Trip Ticket (V1 or V2) is available or a Dispatch (D), it is indicated now in the far right hand table. Clicking on the V1 V2 or D brings up the ticket/dispatch. If you are looking for a place to fly, this is another good start for you.

D

You can view the addition here: http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/mistys/#I2

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
Re: Misty's Place / Map Room / Trip Tickets indicated
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 04:51:17 PM »
Thanks Doug, man I've got a lot of exploring to do!    8)
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Misty's Place / Map Room / Trip Tickets indicated
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 08:36:07 AM »
It is fun going back over some of the locations. We were putting them up so quickly in the beginning that I didn't fly some of them, just "slewed" them to get location details, etc for what I needed to put up on the site. Now I'm coming through them and flying them from scratch.  I'm surprised at some of the great ones we didn't have a trip tic for ... and the new V2 ticket is much easier for folks to understand, too.

I'm working on Owikeno Lake now, a flight to all locations.  I haven't "wrecked" my FS plane in about 3 years ... I wrecked it about 6 times trying to put this ticket together. I would try lifting off a lake and trying to clear a mountain, etc. So you have to fly in the other direction until you gain half the altitude you need, then do a 180 and clear the mountain. And on the other side? 4000 feet down in about 3 miles! This is going to take an expert to fly the ticket. But it has some "breathtaking" views in it and some unique ways of getting from "here to there."  Setting up an autopilot-friendly flight for this one is impossible.  At one point you have to go to almost 10,000 feet to make a connection in the legs, then back down to sea level in only a few miles.

Anyway, revisiting some of the old tickets and fixing them up plus adding the new V2's is a lot of work, but also a lot of fun because I'm doing some real flying.

D