Author Topic: Wing and a Prayer  (Read 2700 times)

Handie

Wing and a Prayer
« on: June 30, 2012, 07:03:05 AM »
Hello,

Last night, I spent my evening on the mission "Wing and a Prayer"  ;)
I arrived at the end, but I missed the mission who was very difficult with the weather extremes selected by Brad.
I concentrated on flying "blind", with fog and snow squalls, and I missed a few landings along the way, I could make only one.
I have not even taken the time to make screens.
It was very stressful and tiring ... Brad has put together a really daunting task !  :P

But I will try again  ;D
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Wing and a Prayer
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 09:01:44 PM »
Handie ... that is a really tough one, I agree. I've flown that route many times before, so knew what to expect with the high pass, you have to take off from the lake and really hit the "UP" button! :-)  You really almost have to fly that one with full instruments ... and I think that is a good thing. We get pretty used to the "visuals" of Misty and forget those instruments are "silently yelling" at us.  You have to hope that Brad has the mission pointer correct (and not behind a mountain) ... then lock in on that HSI, altitude and speed ... watching the mission arrow.  Kind of spooky.  I didn't see the ice on the lake till I touched down.  It is probably the most difficult one I've done too.  (Surprised he didn't start us off in a glider just to make it "difficult" :-)

Doug