Author Topic: K-River Trip Tic and FS Flight  (Read 5225 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
K-River Trip Tic and FS Flight
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:40:12 PM »
Hey , want to have some fun? If you haven't tried Khutzeymateen River Bear Lodge yet ... then you've got a treat in store. This was a tough one to do for VFR ... there are no way points in British Columbia for FSDiscover ... so this one is pure "visual" guiding you through some beautiful mountains to a very special location. If you'd just like for the "virtual pilot" to fly it, download the Flight-Seeing Plan and fly the autopilot at 1200 feet (yes you will have a couple of pine branches on the port wing, but you can scrape them off when you land). And when you land ... look around ... there are "things" out there runnin' around.  Enjoy!

Doug

evoras

Re: K-River Trip Tic and FS Flight
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 01:42:22 AM »
Just got done flying it...(by hand, no AP in the Scub) All I can say is WOW! what a trip. They scenery at the lodge is quite awesome. Thanks for the incredible scenery!
Ed - KDVT, AZ

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 07:52:18 AM »
 ;) Glad you liked it.

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 08:32:25 AM »
Nice one, it is a great trip for sure. One thing we have tried to do with all the sceneries we did was to try and find something about each place that was special, either the view was fantastic, the challenge was keeping you on your toes, the potential for exciting missions was latent withing the location and context, or there was some very interesting real world history or facts about the place that make it so much more than just another place to fly to.

Keep a close eye on the "Coming Soon" page to see what else is in store!

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 08:40:26 AM »
That one was "tough" for the Trip Tic because when you hit BC, FSDiscover just quits. There's nothing named there, so waypoints can't be "named."  I did find a pretty neat map that helps, and I'm going to go back into it today, hopefully I can find some names of some of those rivers and waterways back in there where some of the turns are made. I put the new map (interactive) in the Map Room (Canada Topo Maps ... in this case, click on BC, then zoom in). 

I'm pretty close to going to Rand McNally and just buying one of their big maps of the area and putting it on my office wall.  I ran into a similar problem going to Forrester Island ... nothing is named past the Prince of Wales Island.  Part of knowing the name, then you can Google it and learn about "it" and the area surrounding it.  Some folks won't/don't care so this stuff isn't for them, but others would like to know the name of the mountain and that there was a plane wreck on the side of it in 1945. 

I'm finding "history" up that way is like "gold."  You know its there, but finding it can be difficult.  If anyone comes up with good maps of the area  ... not the Google Earth stuff (it has NO NAMES) ... but good maps with names ... please let me know and I'll post them.

Doug

AaronMyers

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 11:38:19 AM »
I'll be heading hear right after a stop at Nisga'a Glacial Lake Lodge. It's on my way from Lavender (which is all fixed up by the way, mea culpa) and I would be remiss if I didn't pay a visit there first. Keep up the good work folks.