Author Topic: Trip Tickets (Version 2 Format)  (Read 10458 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Trip Tickets (Version 2 Format)
« on: July 04, 2012, 04:25:36 PM »
As stated on another thread, we are going to slowly go back through the trip tickets and upgrade them. We will be using a "Version 2" format that will be easier for people to follow.  There will be an embedded map at the top so they can quickly refer to the route.

Text Differences: ==========================

*** Pilot Instructions to the pilot will be in regular type like this.

*** Flight seeing information (chatter from the pilot about the area, etc) will be in italics like this ... this is the "story" the pilot would be telling his passengers. Usually it is about history or geography so people better understand what they are seeing out the window

*** Waypoints/Course/Distance will all be bolded.

=======================================

If people have FSDISCOVER! and use the RTMM dat file (top of the Map Room at Misty's Place), then these tickets were fairly easy. But without FSDISCOVER! you almost needed a sectional or another map source to find the waypoints. What I will be attempting to accomplish with the new format is a way to fly VFR with only visual descriptions, headings and distances.  For difficult spots to describe, I'll be embedding a little picture so the pilot can watch for the waypoint by sight. 

Also, we are going to vary the starting points a little more. Most everything we did earlier came out of PAKT, but there are other interesting starting points we will use.  In our new Burnett Inlet Cabin, we start from Murphy's Pullout.  8K9.  Flight plans for the flight-seeing trip tickets will all begin with an FS- instead of VFR-  When you see a VFR, this is from the original scenery download. It is still accurate.  However, the revised Trip Tics will most likely have their own flight plan.  I am being careful to add enough waypoints that you can find your way more easily, so the flight plans will change accordingly.

You can check out the new version here: http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/triptics/tripticfiles/trip_burnett_inlet_cabin.php

Remember how these work. You bring it up, then reduce your window to a rectangle over on the right side of the screen, usually the width of the trip tic. Then you put flight sim on the left (rest) of the screen. This way you can fly and be reading the instructions at the same time.  In the new format, you can download the "FS" flight plan, a larger map and a "print-able" trip tic from the Trip Ticket itself. 

When I finish a new (revised old one) trip ticket, I'll mention it on the forum or here and you can watch for the new V2 Trip Tic button so you will know it is a revised ticket.  An example of the new button is below. (It is not a "hot link" and if you click on it you'll probably get your own paint program! :-).

Hope you like the new format.

D

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:43:32 PM by Doug »

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: Trip Tickets (Version 2 Format)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 05:21:39 PM »
Hi Doug,
the new trip ticket format looks really beautiful.
I like it very much!!!!
Many, many thanks for the rework and all the time you put into this project.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 09:25:56 PM »
I'm enjoying going back and re-flying many of these, it will also be fun to vary the starting points more. We have some excellent little airports around that we rarely use. 

Aiken Creek Camp's Trip Ticket is also now revised to version 2.

D

Doug

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 11:31:23 AM »
Created a Version 2 Trip Tic for the Thorne Arm Cabins (Big Lake, Gokachin, and Mesa Lake). Started this one off from Metlakatla and flew across Annette Island over Trout Lake.  Each "leg" has its own section, before it was difficult to know when to change headings, now it is obvious.  Also, I'm adding little pics that will help people find the proper approach.  Check out this ticket at:

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/triptics/TripTics/thorn%20arm%20cabins/trip_thorn_arm_cabins.php

You can get a print-able copy of the ticket (no graphics, text file), the FS flight seeing plan can also be downloaded from the ticket. I'm making all of the FS plans so they are "autopilot" friendly. Gives you more time to "read" the ticket and enjoy the scenery ... letting your local bush pilot fly you to the destination.  This one is tricky since it's destination is "Decision Island" ... once you are there, you set a heading to "decide" which cabin you want to fly to. The views in the approach shots are all from "Decision" island so you can see the topography and know where to land.  There is an approach shot for each cabin, example below.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:35:40 AM by Doug »

Fireball

• Chris Losh
    • Northern Air Charters
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 11:58:24 AM »
Doug these look great..... I can create Dispatch numbers for them and a link to them in the dispatch page at vNAC.

Doug

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 02:02:30 PM »
That would work, Chris.  Over on our side, we've got Dispatches and Trip Tics ... which are similar.  I was sort of trying to figure out why myself (since I've written most of them).  The distinction seems to be (on our side) that when you are heading to one place ... that's a trip tic, when multiple places a dispatch. I going to do one on Owekeno ... that has 15 locations, so I'll make a dispatch out of that one. We were originally doing the tics to help people find the "new" location when we put it up.  So I've done a lot of those. Brad would build them, then I'd fly to them and to a ticket to help other people find it visually. I'm sort of starting at the top and coming down the list. I think the old format was darned difficult to read/understand, especially when trying to keep your airplane on the screen and not up-side-down on the desk.  Let me know if there's anything we have to do here to help you.

D

Doug

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 07:12:46 PM »
Canoona Lake Fish Camp now has a V2 Trip Ticket and an updated Flight-Seeing flight plan. This one starts out from Thumb Harbor and goes through the BC maze of waterways finally landing at the Canoona Lake Fish Camp.  Below is how we made the approach more understandable:

Cedar Ridge Lake Retreat ... now is V2. The flight plan comes out of Loring.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 09:17:42 PM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 05:44:34 PM »
Chilcotin Plateau Airport now in V2 with a flight seeing plan. Somehow we didn't get a flight seeing plan or a trip ticket for this excellent scenery package by Xavier Carre'.  Well we have it now. this one literally took all day to do ... lots of twists and turns as you go through the canyons of the BC mountains and then out to the plateau. You can fly this one "autopilot" as long as you are careful with the altitudes which are listed at each leg segment.

See Trip Ticket HERE:
http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/triptics/TripTics/chilcotin_plateau_airfield/trip_chilcotin_plateau.php

If you've not "flown" this location ... this is one you should put on your list to do.

D

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 02:28:14 PM »
Doug these look great..... I can create Dispatch numbers for them and a link to them in the dispatch page at vNAC.

Great Idea!!!!! :)

i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 09:27:27 AM »
Thanks Klaus. 

Here's the next V2 Trip Ticket. Driftwood Depot and Darb Lake (Cabin).  We didn't have a trip ticket for either of these and this one is "combined" for both as you fly over Driftwood Depot to find Darb Lake.  This is a very good VFR flight. You follow a lake, then a railroad, then a river, then a compass bearing for the final approach. I've got pictures and maps included in the trip ticket that you can view here:

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/triptics/TripTics/darb%20lake/trip_darb_lake.php

And since it is about Canadian Railroads, I've included some Canadian Railroad history in the narration and even a Gordon Lightfoot embedded video of the "Canadian Railroad Trilogy" ... you can click on it and listen as you fly. (Wonders never cease!).

D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:29:46 PM by Doug »

Fireball

• Chris Losh
    • Northern Air Charters
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 10:18:55 AM »
Doug,
On the Thorn Arm Cabins Trip tick you do not have the ICAO Code for Metlakatla
Can you add that/ It makes it easier to create the Dispatch's at vNAC.

Thanks

Chris

Doug

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 12:27:56 PM »
Chris, got it. (MTM).  When you see something this let me know, easy to fix it up to make it better.

Thank you
D

Fireball

• Chris Losh
    • Northern Air Charters
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 11:17:49 AM »
I have started on these I have 3 of them done. You will find them under NAC Then TT and a number
Sample : NACTT1

In the notes section it will have a link to the Trip ticket.

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 01:38:09 PM »
Great!!
Thanks very much Chris!

Doug

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 03:58:36 PM »
And here is the next one: The Fountain of Ute ... this is a trip from Brad's Kowesas River Lodge to Xavier's Cabin far back in the mountains.  It is a 47 mile trip. The landing zones at the end are very difficult. And if there is any kind of weather, this area can be very difficult.

You can view it here: http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/triptics/TripTics/fountain%20of%20ute/trip_fountain_of_ute_ticket.php

Hollis Harbor is now completed in V2. We didn't have a trip ticket for this great scenery package ... but we have one now. This flight leaves from Tamgas Harbor SPB on Annette Island and flies across the Clarence Straight and across Prince of Wales Island to Hollis Harbor and the Fed Ex Dock there.

You can view it here:
http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/triptics/TripTics/hollis%20harbor/trip_hollis_harbor.php

Miller Lake V2 - View it here:
http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/triptics/TripTics/miller%20lake%20cabin/trip_miller_lake_cabin.php

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:16:11 AM by Doug »