Author Topic: FSX Tweak windowed-mode  (Read 3721 times)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
FSX Tweak windowed-mode
« on: June 11, 2012, 07:05:31 PM »
Hi All,
I´m running FSX in windowed-mode with fps internal limited to 30 fps. I was wondering why fsx was only showing 20 fps when be able to hold the fixed 30fps when flying in complex scenery.

Now, reccently I found the following Link:
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/370594-read-before-posting-software-hardware-guide-for-fsx/

Most of the published tweaks I think are already known. But tweaking the windowed-mode was new for me. I gave it a try..and it worked on my system.
When I´m flying in complex scenery and internal limiter can`t hold 30fps, I get now 29, 28,27 or less and so on. Without tweaking I did get 20fps. (fps measured with Fraps).`

I did try it with shutting down dwm.exe in task-manager. I also have a registered version of fsuipc. But didn`t try including the tweak into it, as suggested by the author of this thread.

May be this also may be helpful for you.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Slowhand

Re: FSX Tweak windowed-mode
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 05:07:20 AM »
Talking about Windowed mode, I like to add my experience, allthough it's possible that one allready knows.

Found that simply hiding your status bar, that bar along the bottum of your screen, has a positive effect on your framerate. Most users think that full-screen mode gives a faster framerate than Win mode. With the status bar hidden however, you will have the same faster framerate.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:18:06 PM by Slowhand »
Don't scratch with chikens, fly with eagles!