Author Topic: RTMM Objects Test  (Read 40450 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
RTMM Objects Test
« on: February 04, 2011, 05:43:47 PM »
 :) This may help anybody not getting the "Misty" picture as we painted it.

Any user of our scenery that may find that they aren't seeing all the objects or are missing textures on objects, please go to the FAQ section and once there, find the "S" entry to locate a scenery test file that may help you determine what's missing from your version of FSX.

It's a small scenery test that after you install it, will show five different buildings which are objects from the five different software titles that some of our scenery areas use objects from. These are default FSX, FSX with acceleration, EZ_1.zip, OZx and Tongass Fjords.

Please install as the readme describes and follow the instructions to verify what you have or may not have.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: RTMM Objects Test
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 07:28:53 PM »
You can get it HERE ( http://return.mistymoorings.com/faq/#s ) on the FAQ page under "S".

Doug

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 11:00:46 AM »
Please folks, run the test with Brad's new testing tool.  Look at the results I got!  I didn't know I was missing anything.  Look at my results vs what SHOULD be there.  Please take the time to run the tool. Simple to use ... 5 minutes max!  So this tells me I'm missing OZx and Tongass Fjords. (The two objects on the right are not there).  This is a great tool to run.

Doug

Go to the FAQ page at RTMM and click on "S" to get it.

[attachment deleted by admin (size over 300k)]

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:03:03 AM by Doug »

foggy-bottom

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 03:40:53 PM »
Brad,

I've just found this!  It seems I'm missing the Ozx library/libraries.  Just been over to their download site, and am totally confused!  Which of the library versions do I need to download/install?

Thanks in advance...
Regards  /  "Foggy"

If flying was really difficult, only Armourers would be allowed to do it...

Doug

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 05:14:52 PM »
Foggy ... what cabins are missing?  Look at the pics I've got there, all those should be present. If they are not then you are missing that one .. the names of them are underneath each cabin.  Its a great tool

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 07:18:59 PM »
Fog,
go to the OZx site and click on the Downloads button at the top, when the download section comes up click on OZx Scenery under the Catagories section this will bring up files.  There are two files that you need, first download OZx Libraries 1.0 Installer.  This is the installer for the OZx libraries (duh!)  Then download the OZx Libraries 1.1.  If you will notice the text under the link to the file is says to be sure you have installed libraries 1.0 first, so, install the first file you downloaded then follow that with v 1.1.  Just for reference notice that v1.0 has 8100 downloads but v1.1 only has 4900 downloads so about half the folks out there are not up to date.
That should get you the correct libraries your missing.
 8)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:20:43 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 07:29:22 PM »
Spud ... should we be putting this in the FAQ under "Object Libraries" ? ... I think we need a place to direct folks to all of the libraries that are used ... this would be good for this particular one.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 09:32:54 PM »
Spud ... should we be putting this in the FAQ under "Object Libraries" ? ... I think we need a place to direct folks to all of the libraries that are used ... this would be good for this particular one.

Doug

Sounds like a good idea I have an idea that folks are not reading the general read me file with the scenery very closely so another reminder would help IMHO.
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 10:30:25 PM »
OK, I'll make a spot on the FAQ (tomorrow) ... I'll put your post up there with the links "hot" to the source, Then we'll look at EZ-Zip, which we've already got listed and then figure out Xavier's.

Doug

foggy-bottom

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 05:12:59 AM »
Doug/Spud,

Thanks for the info.  I'm just missing the Ozx bungalow (shed!) with the porch type building, not the one on posts but the one next to the "Tongass Totem" cabin.  Good idea to put the info into the FAQs, and to put the required links in; also the links to Xavier's libraries, though I've just got those from the link on his latest post - Thanks Xavier.

Off to do some more serious downloading/install/de-fragging!!! - again  ::)

Updated:  Success, I now have 5 shed like structures, and I like the potted juniper on the porch of the OZx shed  - used to have one just like it, even down to the big blue pot 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:01:58 PM by foggy-bottom »
Regards  /  "Foggy"

If flying was really difficult, only Armourers would be allowed to do it...

alpha117

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 03:39:43 AM »
Fantastic job, I to was missing the Ozx files, only had 4 buildings. Anyway downloading them now.

Many thanks

frostlp

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 07:52:03 PM »
Thanks Brad - good to know where I stand with all the add-ons.  I don't have the acceleration package.  Am I safe in assuming that the Acc pkg. adds a lot of items to the MS library?  Will future RTMM scenery still be using these "new" items?  One last question (or 2).  It's available from MS?  Can I install over all that I havve now?  Thanks for any help.
Lou

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 10:49:46 PM »
I just wanted to say, that RTMM scenery tester is a great tool...helped me a lot. I'm at 11 out of 12 but I don't have Tongass. It will probably be in my future though. Great site with great stuff and great folks to deal with. What a contribution you folks have made to the simming world. Thanks for your work.
                                              JJ
Jsapair

Hitchhiker

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 08:02:34 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some assistance. I've followed all the installation instructions, but I am still missing the following 2 objects from the RTMM Objects Test:

4. A stilt building only found with an installation of EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D from Part I of the RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D. Link found below in next table.

5. A small green hanger only found with an installation of RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D from Part I of the RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D. Link found below in next table.

I also seem to be missing the pontoon right in front of the lighthouse at Misty's Place, as well as potentially some buildings at Misty's place (the missing buildings show a chimney with smoke suspended in mid-air).

I am running Prepar3D v2.4

Clearly I am missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 10:46:11 PM »
Hi Hitchhiker,

Make sure EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D and RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D are enabled (checked) in you Scenery Library and are above the FTX entries.  Is there any chance you have the old EZ Scenery and RWY12 libraries enabled somewhere else in your Scenery Library.  If so, they need to be disabled or removed since  the old objects may negate the new ones and not be visible in P3Dv2.

Also, please verify that you are not using a centralized object library where you dump all of the object libraries into one central Scenery and Texture folder. 

Rod