Author Topic: Keeping track of MM scenery  (Read 51259 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Keeping track of MM scenery
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 11:16:49 PM »
Hi jsapair,
     This is how I did it.  FIRST, deactivate (un-check) your RTMM scenery in FSX scenery library.  Press OK to rebuild the scenery.cfg file.  Close FSX. Then make the directory changes, moving your folders from "addon scenery" to the Misty Moorings folder.  Then restart FSX and open your scenery library.  Select the first deactivated RTMM folder entry and click on "EDIT".  When the window opens, the scenery name will be "highlighted".  COPY it by pressing Ctrl+C.  Navigate to the new location and left click on the corresponding folder.  You'll notice there is nothing in the scenery title box.  Click in it and paste the name you copied previously in there by pressing Ctrl+V.  Click OK, and left or right click in the next window.  Put a check in it's box to activate it, and go to the next folder.  Do that for each scenery location, to change it's path.  I did it last weekend, and it was 141 folders.  You're lucky if you've only got two installed so far.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:38:27 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 12:15:01 AM »
Never mind Spud, I answered my own question. If you do create a folder under Addon Scenery, name it Misty Moorings and move your MM scenery folders to that folder, you have to go into FSX, delete the related areas, and add them again from that folder tree.
Jsapair

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 12:35:20 AM »
Yep.    :)
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 09:34:20 AM »
Glad to see you got it solved.  Just place all new RTMM scenery in the new Misty Moorings folder from now on and add it to the FSX Scenery Library as usual.  Be sure and follow the install directions provided with each scenery download to the letter and remember that it is NOT always the same procedure so reading the documentation (RTFM) is very important.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jsapair

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 01:46:54 AM »
I like the idea of adding MM to the scenery file names on the HD. I can see where the scenery library could get so convoluted that you wouldn't know what came from where if it came time to delete or troubleshoot a particular area. Thanx for your responses guys.
                               Regards, JJ
Jsapair

Tenpin

• Retired RDCM USCG 1COR:13
    • Eagle Valley Air
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 12:57:05 PM »
I see some very interesting information here and wanted to confirm something.
Right now I have the BGL's etc in a RTTM folder inside the Addon Scenery folder. The libraries are just in the Addon Scenery folders by them selves.
I'm thinking I need to create a Misty Moorings folder under the Addno Scenery then the RTTM under Misty Moorings. With all the separate locations, such at Fillmore Cove, etc. in there own folders inside the  RTTM folder.  From what everyone is saying that's the best way to go. Now what about the Libraries, where are they stored, in Misty Moorings?

Regards,

Tenpin

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 02:34:46 PM »
 I keep my RTMM Scenery files along this path:   FSX\Addon Scenery\RTMM Scenery Library\<all the RTMM Sceneries>

I keep my RTMM Object Libraries along this path:  FSX\Addon Scenery\RTMM Object Libraries\<all the object libraries>

Rod

Tenpin

• Retired RDCM USCG 1COR:13
    • Eagle Valley Air
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 02:40:58 PM »
Thanks Rod, That's even better.  Off to make some changes.

jsapair

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 09:20:33 PM »
Under my Misty Moorings Addon Scenery folder I added subfolders...Cabins, Lighthouses and Oil Rigs, so if I want to fly to just those in particular I don't have to search for them.
Jsapair