Author Topic: missing files  (Read 8801 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: missing files
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 03:14:43 PM »
Thanks spud.  i have put them back in the order shown and all is still ok. Going out now willtry further tomorrow

Lipra,
again not enough info here.  You say, "all is still ok."  Are you saying that the RTMM scenery is now OK or something else is OK?  The original problem was lack of objects showing and/or no textures on objects which is caused by scenery Library not being complete or missing.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Lipra

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 06:37:57 PM »
Sorry Spud I  knocked that last one off a bit quick.

I have now got everything showing ok except for the blue hangers.

I am also getting a ctd when I fly from Biggin hill / shoreham in the uk but only it appears with day time night textures appear to be ok I did not expect this forum to resolve that problem but thought it may be significant so mentioned it.

alpha117

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 03:06:54 AM »
What does the windows 'Event' log say was the cause of the CTD, that might be helpful to help to fix it

Lipra

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 05:15:44 AM »
What does the windows 'Event' log say was the cause of the CTD, that might be helpful to help to fix it

Its not my intention to pursue this here as its not spacific to rtmm but as a one off this is what I got:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
Application Name:   fsx.exe
Application Version:   10.0.61637.0
Application Timestamp:   46fadb14
Fault Module Name:   ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version:   6.0.6002.18541
Fault Module Timestamp:   4ec3e3d5
Exception Code:   c0000005
Exception Offset:   00068b5f
OS Version:   6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID:   2057
Additional Information 1:   bfef
Additional Information 2:   e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863
Additional Information 3:   bfef
Additional Information 4:   e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

alpha117

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 06:46:41 AM »
This maybe worth a try  ::)

Not my work, just found this out there

'THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THE UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL FILE CAUSES OTHER DLL FILES TO MALFUNCTION!

Alright folks, I have the fix---after a whole year of fidgeting and spending $600 on every stinking version of windows out there-XP 32 bit. XP proffessional 64, vista HP32, vista HP 64, Win 7 32 & 64 RC, Win 7 32 enterprise and Win 7 64 bit professional (my primary FSX OS on which I did the succesful fix). As simple as it may sound this works. I tried replacing the Uiautomationcore.dll file and FSX would still crash albeit after a while. And if it wasn't that dll file then it would be some other file like ntdll. So I tried completely deleting the uiautomationcore.dll file from both the syswow64 and system 32 folders. Now I am playing FSX with graphics and traffic settings set to custom and turned all the way up while  I have aircraft, scenery and weather settings turned to ultra high and no crashes for two days!!!! I can click in and out of any menu such as the MAP or virtual flight path or change aircraft mid-flight or change weather mid-flight with no crashing. I have tried every which way to get FSX to crash and I just cannot get it to!

FSX really is awesome when it works.

HERE IS THE FIX: You may have to take ownership of the files if windows stops you from deleting the file. Open CMD prompt and right click to run as administrator and then type in exactly as below substituting your windows login username where it says username:

takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll

cacls C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F

takeown /f C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll

cacls C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F

Now you can just navigate to your syswow64 and system32 folders in windows explorer and after backing up the UIautomationcore.dll files just delete them from your computer. (Remember to delete the Uiatomationcore.dll file in ure FSX folder also if you installed it as the fix in other posts.)

If you have Nvidia cards download their latest driver also. Its got a huge performance increase. The only problem I have had by deleting the UIautomationcore.dll file is that if I exit FSX completely while in flight my windows desktop becomes dysfunctional and I have to restart. If I first end the flight and then exit FSX I have no problem. I have four different OS's on seperate partitions on my computer built specifically for FSX. There is no point in playing FSX on any 32 bit version of windows because you will get more out of FS 2004 than FSX on a 32 bit system.'

Lipra

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 12:47:27 PM »
Thanks for you advice alpha. unfortunatly my games PC is showing more problems bsod, cant see the os on start etc. time to close this out and get a new PC Its well over due

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 02:21:37 PM »
Depending on the capabilities of the old computer you might do a HD reformat and re-install the operating system and then FSX before spending money on a new system.  If the computer is exhibiting all the problems you list then it certainly wont hurt to try because from what your saying it is basically a doorstop at the moment anyway.  If FSX runs well after doing the above then you can expend the effort to re-install all the add-on scenery etc. you have.

Oh and I keep forgetting to mention that in the previous post when you said that "Thanks spud.  i have put them back in the order shown and all is still ok. Going out now will try further tomorrow" There is no reason for you to manually put the FTX files in any order.  When you use the installer that comes with every FTX add-on it automatically finds the location you have FSX installed and adds all the files where they belong, sorts them in the correct order and you should never touch the FTX files in the FSX Scenery Library with one exception.
Whenever FTX Central is used to switch from one scenery area (Default, Oceana, North America), depending on what you  have installed, the FTX files will be moved back to the top of the FSX Scenery Library.  You have to prevent this from happening because RTMM scenery has to be ABOVE the FTX files.  This is done by making an insertion point below all the RTMM scenery.  Only have to do this one time and then FTX files will remain under the RTMM scenery from then on.

8)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:32:16 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Lipra

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 03:52:46 PM »
updated pc a bit ahead of schedual reinstalled fsx etc. to new drive now all ok.  Thanks for all your advice.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 04:11:54 PM »
Great, glad to see your sorted out now.  Enjoy RTMM low and slow!
 8)
Later,

Spud