Author Topic: What do you fly in the most?  (Read 523342 times)

Tigerclaw

Re: What do you fly in the most?
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2011, 09:53:28 AM »
Yes Dieter, I noticed that there are a few areas that need a bit of work. Mostly navigation related. And I agree that it looks like they won't be fixed by by Sibwings. It's a shame. He has a great product that could be perfect if he'd only take a little time to get it right.

I personally don't use the BirdDogs' navigation anyway, I use it strictly for VFR and sight seeing. The plus's for me are the fantastic views. Look anywhere and you can see out of a window, just great. The flight dynamics feel good to me, but then I've never flown real world. It's an ideal plane if you want fly hands on. If you want to kick back, set autopilot, and go for lunch, fly a Carenado  ;D Or anything else of that genre.
Tony

Windows XP Pro 32 bit - Core 2 Duo 1.87Ghz - 2 gig Ram - GeForce GT240 1 gig Ram - Audigy ZS 2 - FSX Gold. ORBX - REX 2.0 - TrackIR 5

archangel1

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2011, 01:38:49 AM »
Definitely not a bush plane but it's fun to fly.  Looks great, too.  One of them even made it to Alaska, where it unfortunately crashed in 1944.  May still be in storage in Anchorage, for all I know.  This one's from FS9.  Can't wait to fly it once I get FSX running.

Milton Shupe's gorgeous Spartan 7W Executive.

Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

andimull

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2011, 07:47:27 AM »
hi folks,

I'm new here but not new to Misty Moorings. I used to fly here quite a bit during the fs2004 days.
These days I mostly fly in my Dornier Seastar prototype (see my avatar). It's a lovely plane with quite some power and STOL capabilities!

Cheers
Andi

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2011, 01:59:11 PM »
Welcome Andi!  I also like this aircraft and fly it in FSX.  Not sure if we have the exact same model but it's great for exploring the lakes and bays of Misty.
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

texerrn

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2011, 01:59:21 PM »
All the above but usually the Lionheart Qwest Kodiak. It comes in land and float versions. By far my favorite payware addon. Lee

pippin

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2011, 01:02:43 AM »
I fly mostly............

SIBWINGS     BIRD-DOG (Amphib)
         SIBWINGS     BIRD-DOG (Ski)
         REALAIR        SCOUT      (Amphib)
         REALAIR        SCOUT      (Tundra)

Both these aircraft have their problems. But with a little tweaking here and there and a little help from this community these two are my favorite bush planes.

Ian

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2011, 01:09:57 AM »
Ian, what tweaks worked for the Bird Dog?   I used the autopilot info already......thanks!
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

pippin

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2011, 03:06:33 AM »
Hi Rob,

Just the Auto pilot and the HDG direction dial.

Ian