Author Topic: Got the "Moving Blues"  (Read 4795 times)

HighGround

• Throckmorton Throttlebottom
Got the "Moving Blues"
« on: April 17, 2012, 02:52:22 PM »
Hi, guys:

We're in the process of moving, these days.  Downsizing from a house (32 years) to an nice, tiddly apartment, and all that such an enterprise entails.  Never thought so much accumulated "junk" could exist in one house.

We started looking for the new place and found exactly what we wanted quite soon.  But we had to move quickly.

Then we sold the place quite soon (!) but they had to occupy even more quickly.

So we're in the midst of scrambling around like two old half-trained penguins, trying to accomplish as much as possible in each full-throttle day.  Soon I'll be dismantling my comptuter area, so we'll be "black" for a few weeks.

See you all after the "reconstruction"!  Miss you guys!

Cheers all.

-Jon
Russell Lake, Dartmouth, Nose Kosher, Kanuckistan

Dexthom

Re: Got the "Moving Blues"
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 03:03:19 PM »
You won't see this till you return, Hurry!

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 05:15:08 PM »
Jon,
may the wind be at your back and speed your journey, hurry back.
 8)
Later,

Spud

HighGround

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 04:47:24 PM »
Well, I'm back again (for those who're turning blue from holding their breath ???)  I've been greatly looking forward to seeing all your sunny faces, once more.

The move took much longer than I originally thought, however.  That's mainly 'cause the Missus ran the operation like an old Gunnery Sergeant:  "No playing with the computer until every box is unpacked and everything's put into place!" said she.  Dutifully, I knuckled-under (saves a lot of wear and tear on the ears, I find).

So not only did that encompass the full apartment, but the storage room down off the underground parking.  Whereupon it all took quite a while -- but it's all done now, and I've managed to re-assemble all the Flight-Sim gear and associated clabber, hooked it all up to the computer and got things running smoothly again.

But holy smokes, a lot has happened since April, hasn't it?  Rod's been busy with Hollis Harbor (bless you, my son!), Xavier's had a long hard thrash at Yes Bay Lodge, Dieter's been updating Plan-G and "the usual suspects" have been doing a lot of marvelous things all over the map (love all those new cabeenies up near Klawock)!

Hence, I'm like a kid in a new sandbox!  I've downloaded all of the new stuff (I think I have it all) and I'm gonna enjoy putting everything into place and then exploring all the new destinations.

Nice to be back!  You have no idea how much I'm enjoying the return!

Alla best, gents!

-Jon

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 05:48:14 PM »
Hi,
welcome back and good news finally your move succeded!!!!
So now enjoy flightsimming again and have fun....... :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 07:03:40 PM »
Hi Jon,

It's nice having you back again. We have added quite a few things. There's new FedEx Depot Scenery locations that work alongside a virtual airline by Chris Losh that really is a lot of fun. Doug made a great scenery area down at Ocean Falls. Khutze River Lodge adds seasonal changes like Canoona Fish Camp and Rod Jackson updated the season switcher tool for use with any of our seasonal scenery. Dieter linked us to the Westwood Inn. We updated Misty's Place with some new changes and added some great AI traffic enhancements by Dex Thomas to Misty's as well.  And make sure if you missed Owikeno Lake that you get that. It goes right up there with Rod's Hollis Harbor as must have locations to get to and check out all they bring to the table. There are also new missions to try out and a full mission set coming.

Doug did some reworking on the web page menus so be sure to check out the "Site Map" if you find something missing. We are also planning to expand our coverage area to the north to include the current Tongass Fjords X by FSAddon and the upcoming Southern Alaska scenery from Orbx FTX.

Check out the forums to get caught up too.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, so have fun discovering and once again, glad to have you back.

Brad
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:31:23 PM by Doug »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 07:35:52 PM »
Jon,
How the hell are ya?  Glad your move is finished and you can join these august proceedings again.  SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) have a way of making sure the rules are followed don't they?
At least as a returning member you don't have to buy the beer!
 8)
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 08:09:33 PM »
Ok, Spud and High Ground are both back.  Great!  I have been busy with some other interests but hope to be getting more interactive again and working on more scenery soon.

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 08:51:03 PM »
Yes, welcome back.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 06:47:58 AM »
And a big welcome back to Rod too. He's been out for a bit but we're glad to see he's back along with Jon. Both of you make this place that much more enjoyable so take your shoes off and have one on me at Misty's.

Brad

HighGround

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 04:10:34 PM »
I thank you one and all for your warm camaraderie!  Small wonder I missed the place so much.

Ack-shully, it all kinda leaves a guy a bit "Misty-eyed"  ::)

-Jon

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 08:19:37 PM »
"Misty-eyed" . . . yep.  Aren't we all.  But seriously, you are part of a collective that has sprouted out in the past year, and whether or not you intend it, you add color and flavor to the atmosphere of the website that can be felt while reading your posts.  I love the international variety we have around here.  "I'm not crying, I got something in my eye".   :'(   8)  Ok, . . . I'd better go.  I've got a mission to fly.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 04:40:47 PM »
Thanks, Brad.

Rod