Author Topic: Lavender Lake Lodge  (Read 6335 times)

AKCub

Lavender Lake Lodge
« on: February 04, 2011, 05:38:45 AM »
  Hi, Don't know if it's just me but there seems to be a problem with the start point at Lavender Lk. Lodge if you try to start on the runway. The start point is to close to the trees and as soon as FSX loads you get a crash, as FSX thinks you have crashed into the trees.

Ryan

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Lavender Lake Lodge
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 06:16:37 AM »
I will check that out AKcub.

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 07:59:34 AM »
OK, I have updated the file to correct this problem and also done the same for all the other files we have that a similar issue could arise in, I have sent the files to Brad and they should be available for download in a day or so, keep an eye on the NOTAMs page for news of the new files being available

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 10:49:24 AM »
Or the simple solution, turn off crash modeling.
 8)
Later,

Spud

evoras

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 11:11:17 AM »
Or the simple solution, turn off crash modeling.
 8)

+1
Ed - KDVT, AZ

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 11:21:05 AM »
Update was sent to Doug a short while ago. So, you can grab it if you prefer to use crash modeling or not.

Brad

AKCub

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 02:05:52 PM »
  Sorry to make you rework your scenery guys, but thanks for taking care of that.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 02:34:17 PM »
They got them done and I've re-posted them.  Take a look at the NOTAMs for the list of what is updated. We have one to go ... Lucky Lindy's ... we'll have that up when we get it done.

Please don't be "sorry" ... we really want this site to be ONE OF THE BEST ones like it ... we can't do that if we have problems.  By pointing this out ... you are making YOUR site better.  We HATE the extra work, but LOVE getting it right! :-)

Much appreciated ... check the NOTAMs for the latest updates, the list is there.

Doug

Dan

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 02:39:23 PM »
He's lying, he loves the extra work, it keeps him from having to do work around his house.  :D

Doug

• Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 02:47:48 PM »
[darn, caught by my own flesh and blood!]

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 03:17:58 PM »
LOL!  :)

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 03:41:23 PM »
  Sorry to make you rework your scenery guys, but thanks for taking care of that.

On the contrary, thanks for calling it in, I had to go through all the current files and future ones too and make sure the same problem will not occur again, that is a great help because it's a lot easier to them all in one hit than keep getting an error every time we upload a new scenery. We do test these things of course, but even we get caught out, in this instance I do believe it would be becasue we too had crash detection off for this scenery!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy Lavender Lake, when I found it and decided it was a great place for one of our locations I was very excited by the incredible scenery around it, but to se it that way, you must set your sim time to summer, also try flying the route up from Alice Arm, it's supplied in the package, fly low level, treetop height all the way till you make the turn into the mountains proper, follow the plan on your GPS as then fly across the runway out over the lake and have an explore all around the lake side landscape, Stunning snow-slopes with great cracks in the summer snow, Gem like pools of Turquoise Glacier water and the Jewel of the Lake itself, this is what it really looks like!

Now land and take another look around with Bob, some birds singing and a few clouds scudding by, fantastic. Slew Bob up to the top of Lavender Peak (Which I named the location after) and check out the incredible panorama.

That's the way to get the most out the these little places we made for you.