Author Topic: Thoughts on stuff  (Read 3136 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Thoughts on stuff
« on: March 10, 2012, 11:56:23 AM »
Folks, While posting in the other forum about our wishes regarding PAKT SP1, I keep being bothered by the way this might be perceived. I want to make sure that you all know how I feel about this issue. So bear with me please.

I wish systems could handle the impact that the new PAKT scenery demands but from all indications out there from everybody, it's really not too user friendly concerning frame rates. It's not for me, Spud doesn't even have it, Most comments out there in the community are not favorable. No AI traffic available, barren landscape features, etc. So, not really positive for that.

Doug has already reverted back to PAKT pre-SP1, pre-PAKT addon airport, etc. He's back to default PFJ PAKT and loves it. He's getting good solid performance, it looks like our new addons for the AI traffic, both float planes and maritime are really okay to use with the default PFJ Tongass Narrows. A part from some float plane parking discrepancies, Doug is using the SP1 addons that Dex gave us and it works for him. So that's good to know. I'm leaning in this direction too.

So Xavier and Jacques are hard at work on their own project for PAKT SP1 and default and they are aware how we feel about that. I hope they can come up with something for default PFJ, I'm excited for that possibility. I know they are working on some impressive stuff by the screenshots I'm seeing, so I hope they can deliver something for us all to enjoy.

Rod Jackson is hard at work on our first official Tongass Fjords X scenery enhancement. He's doing something at Hollis. Look for some updates on that in the near future. Rod and Rob Abernathy are also going to add a AI ferry boat that travels from Hollis to Ketchikan.

I'm almost done with Khutze river and I love it. Seasonal stuff is fun to work on. It's location puts it only a short flight across the fjords from Canoona, so those seasons will match well for those locations. I also have more locations that Xavier is adding airstrips at coming too.

The future for RTMM looks bright.

Brad

« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:27:05 PM by Doug »

HighGround

• Throckmorton Throttlebottom
Re: Thoughts on stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 02:41:53 PM »
That's nice and perfectly clear, Brad.  Moreover, I learned a few tidbits from your screed, so thanks for that too.

Cheers,
-Jon
Russell Lake, Dartmouth, Nose Kosher, Kanuckistan

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 03:05:18 PM »
Yep, as Brad said, I've "gone back" to the old PAKT. I'm being asked "how to do this in personal messages:  For those folks, go here: http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=955.0

I think that is correct, and if anybody tries it and has a problem, let me know, I think we want to make sure that process is OK.  It worked for me, but I messed with it so much I might have left something out, I hope not.

My AI traffic is back at the airport, I can see the runway and lights at night, my frame rates are back so flying over the Narrows doesn't look like a PowerPoint presentation.  I'm happy with the "revert".  It was a valiant try and I loved the REAL sloping runways (that's the way it really is, I've seen it!). But darned old dinosaur FSX just can't handle the magic Russ threw at it.

D

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 03:53:20 PM »
Hi all,

Hollis, Alaska actually straddles the border between PFJ and Tongass.  Eagle Air is planning to open an office there because of the demand for floatplane charters between Thorne Bay, Hollis, Ketchikan, Klawock and Craig.

Hopefully the office will be open around early April...lots of construction to do.

Rod

HighGround

• Throckmorton Throttlebottom
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:44:50 PM »
That'll be very nice, Rod!  Looking forward to that one, for sure!

-Jon
Russell Lake, Dartmouth, Nose Kosher, Kanuckistan