Author Topic: Lack of AI Float Traffic  (Read 7135 times)

HighGround

• Throckmorton Throttlebottom
Lack of AI Float Traffic
« on: March 08, 2012, 08:46:22 PM »
Well, I'm having no luck whatsoever in solving my Case of the Disappearing AI Float Traffic.  Best example is at Misty's SPB where the little boat is still there tied-up, but all of the AI floatplanes have disappeared.  Moreover, I suspect it's the same elsewhere, but I can't seem to remember what other places looked like before this problem;  nothing looks even moderately populated, however.  Come to think of it, I haven't seen a sign of anything in the air, either.

So I've been hard at work each day, trying different combinations to see whether I can rectify the matter.  No joy, so-far.

Tried shuffling the Scenery Libs up and down, nearer the top, et cetera.  Tried tweaking the Scenery settings in FSX.  And so-on, and so-forth.  Nothing seems to change things so much as a tiny bit.

So if anyone can think of something I may be missing, I'll be greatly appreciative of any tips, pointers or likely suspects.  It's getting lonely, flying around with no company in the air.

Cheers, all.
-Jon
Russell Lake, Dartmouth, Nose Kosher, Kanuckistan

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Lack of AI Float Traffic
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 11:01:28 PM »
Jon,
What AI packages do you have installed?  Remember if you install an old AI file that was made for FS9 this will cause all FSX AI traffic to NOT appear as the two are not compatible.  There is a program that lets you search and change any FS9 AI in your sim to FSX and then they all will show again.
Do you have AI Flight Planner?  Search for AIFP2124.zip if not.  Use it to search and change any FS9 AI to FSX AI and things should show again.
Some addon scenery could have placed FS9 AI in the sim without you knowing it.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 11:03:47 PM »
Jon,
  My only humble suggestions are to make sure the various traffic bgls are in the FSX/scenery/world/scenery folder and that you have at least a 25% setting for AI General Aviation traffic in your sim settings.

cheers
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

HighGround

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 06:18:27 AM »
Spud:  Thank you for steering me onto AI FP.  It's a nifty utility with a great number of uses that'll certainly come in handy.  Unfortunately (or fortunately), it didn't find any FS9 AI files at this time.

Rob:  Your comment about ensuring I had the pertinent traffic bagels in yon folder triggered a memory of updating the Traffic_MM_FSX_floatplanes.bgl   I had over-written the "old" one from AI Float Traffic V1.3.zip and replaced it with the newer one one from Tongass Narrows Floats.zip

That proved to be the problem!  When I reverted (grasping at straws) to the "old" bagel, everything reverted to "normal" and I now have my AI traffic again. (Let the bells ring-out and the banners fly!)

It's a bit of a mystery, however, since yes, I do have the PAKT Addon and SP1 installed, so I figured the AI update was part of that parcel.  Doubtless it is, but it somehow wasn't compatible with my lashup.

Anyway, for now I have the company of my AI traffic back and I'm happy as the proverbial clam at high tide.

Many thanks, Spud and Rob!

-Jon

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 11:28:03 PM »
Glad you got it sorted out.    8)
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 02:25:46 PM »
Hi Jon,

Actually, after checking it out, turns out that the Tongass Narrows Floats package for PAKT SP1 download is missing a bunch of ADEX files that were in the Misty 1.3 floats version and were supposed to be in the Tongass Narrows Floats package.   Dex is aware of the issues and I am sure will correct it soon.

Rod
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:36:50 PM by stiletto2 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 03:25:58 PM »
Hi all,

If you are using or want to use Tongass Narrows Floats AI Traffic .....I believe, after talking to Dex, that the proper installation is to download the AI Floatplan for Misty (version 1.3) as well as the Tongass Narrows Floats AI Traffic package and then copy all of the ADEX files from the AI Floatplan for Misty (version 1.3) package into the Tongass Narrows Floats Scenery folder.  Then you will have all of the proper ADEX files for the PAKT SP1 version.  You would then install the traffic file from the Tongass Narrows Floats package.  The Misty (v1.3) traffic file would not be used.  This is only if you are using PAKT SP1. 

Rod
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:54:29 PM by stiletto2 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 03:27:42 PM »
Jon,

By taking out Tongass Narrows Floats and just using the AI Floatplan for Misty (version 1.3) , you will get all the traffic back like you did, but floatplan traffic routes will not connect properly to the 4 new locations that were added with Tongass Narrows....those being: 5KE, 9C0, 8K9 and the SPB at Ketchikan Intl.  My post above shows how to get it all if you are using PAKT SP1.

Rod
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:54:45 PM by stiletto2 »

Dexthom

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 07:19:58 PM »
Here's a short version:  If you have MM Float V1.3 installed from before PAKT SP1 was released, and
you have installed PAKT SP1, and you want traffic for the Tongass Narrows Floats, Just download the
PAKT SP1 enhancement and follow the readme instructions.

If you do not have either float package installed, and wish to install both packages, the V1.3 package should be installed first and then the package for the PAKT SP1 float traffic.  Follow the readme in the PAKT SP1 package for that.  This package will install the additional ADE Files for the Tongass Narrows SPBs and overwrite the traffic bgl file that was installed with V1.3

HighGround

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 09:52:44 PM »
Well . . . I confess to being a tad confused, and so I see my Big Question as being:

Since I've reverted from the Orbx PAKT to the PFJ version, will I regain my floatplan traffic routes by re-installing the V1.3 package?

(I'm thankful that this sort of confusion is short-lived.  ;) )
-Jon

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 10:24:33 PM »
Hi Jon,

Yes, since you have gone back to PFJ Ketchikan, you only need to install v1.3 and you will be all set.

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 09:13:08 PM »
But, you can enjoy both AI traffic areas by following Dex's instructions here for default PFJ that will give you the old traffic AND new traffic. Just a few small parking issues exist for now but you'll have lot's more AI floatplanes flying around Ketchikan by doing this:

"If you do not have either float package installed, and wish to install both packages, the V1.3 package should be installed first and then the package for the PAKT SP1 float traffic.  Follow the readme in the PAKT SP1 package for that.  This package will install the additional ADE Files for the Tongass Narrows SPBs and overwrite the traffic bgl file that was installed with V1.3"

This is what I have working right now with default PFJ.
Brad

HighGround

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 06:06:32 PM »
Arright, I'm quite confident I've gotten all of the ADEX files in the proper place.  But there seems to be a wee snag with the bagels that are to be placed in the FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery folder.  There seem to be two by the same name, competing for placement there.  Namely:

Traffic_MM_FSX_floatplanes.bgl   10Kb   06 Mar 11   (from 1.3)   and

Traffic_MM_FSX_floatplanes.bgl   72Kb   05 Feb 12   (from SP1)

And since nobody else has mentioned this, I can only assume I'm benighted and I've pooched something fundamental (again!).

-Jon

Dexthom

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 07:05:49 PM »
I don't know how you managed to get two files with identical names in the same folder?

HighGround

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 07:11:48 PM »
Well that's just it, Dex:  I didn't.  The 1.3 version is there, but when I saw that the SP1 version had the same name, I thought it prudent to ask which version is the correct one.

Put another way, should I assume the SP1 has the "Full Meal Deal" and over-write the 1.3 jobbie?

Hmm.  I think I'm answering my own question . . . .  :'(
-Jon