Author Topic: Liverish liveries...  (Read 11377 times)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Liverish liveries...
« on: February 03, 2011, 03:57:42 PM »
Four inch brush or factory new "white and a stripe"?

Aircraft liveries are a lore unto themselves, I use "lore" deliberately. A year in the backwoods will turn any slicktrick paintjob wrinkly.

Misty Moorings is all about Bush flying, yes. There will admittedly be the odd new paint job up here, so I will look forward to seeing new looking skins. As you might have seen from November One India, it will be just as likely that bushplanes are muddy, full of blood stains (from the fresh kills and catches) and probably smell of sweat and puke and adrenaline (by the way, many of One-Eye's passengers have discovered the colour of adrenaline when flying with him - it's brown!)

So depending on which part of the Moorings you service, I guess we'll need both clean and dirty skins, no?

So what services can we see here? I am guessing there'll be a commercial air taxi type service for the city cowboys - clean and shiny. The locals will use sensible planes that smell of avgas and oil. Freight doesn't care what it's flown in. I reckon there'll be room for everything up here. Let's see how we painters can seve you?

Suggestions?

By the way, the Bushhawk is an able follow-on for the Beaver. The Aerosoft model even includes a freight loadout of fish. If you really want to get the feel, put a tin of sardines on your radiator while flying this one.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 04:01:41 PM by One-Eye »
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

Dusty_Sourdough

Re: Liverish liveries...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 04:26:25 PM »
A true bush plane is a utility rig. They are NOT spic & span, have visible wear & tear, stains, smells and the like. I have been in many bush planes over the years. That's how they is.

Then there are the city clickers from Skankorage  >:( who like to play weekend bush pilot with their fancy accouterments. They ain't the real deal.

So, for reality's sake, used/worn (in varying degrees) is the order for the bush.

Thus sayeth the 'Ol bushrat!  ;)
Dusty,

Yer cabin buzzin - skeeter swattin - moose chompin - wolverine wrastlin - airframe stressin - no fly fishin - tundra jumpin scoundrel of the Land O' the Midnite Sun

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 04:41:22 PM »
"True" bush plane.  Well, I guess it's in definition.  I'm sure the real work horses up there are not spic and span, but the one I flew in ... yes, as a tourist ... was clean as a whistle.  Sure, smelled like fuel, the leather on the seats had a few years on them, but the guy I flew with was really proud of keeping up his plane. He had waxed it just two days before at Murphy's Pullout.  So if we're going to haul tourists around, clean ... if we're going to haul road kills, uh ... well, uh .. you get the picture.  :-)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:54:33 PM by Doug »

Dusty_Sourdough

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 05:46:55 PM »
I see things from a different perspective than many.
I am from here. I liken a bush plane to the old truck that hauls wood, sleds, meat...etc.
They are dinged up, worn from bein in the sticks etc.

The planes used for haulin touristers are gonna be the showpieces of the fleet.
Get off the beaten path up here, where the real small air services are that service the bush and yeah, worn, stained, not all parts work (the essential ones do) smell kinds funky to sometimes rank.

Or, another way to put it. Think of a combat soldier. He's beat up, stinky due to not bein able to bathe regular, ain't real concerned about spit shining the boots & passin inspection. There's the soldiers in the rear. All the above does not apply. Yet they are both soldiers. Just used for different purposes.

Doug, yer right.
Depends on exactly where up here ya are & what yer doin...LOL
Dusty,

Yer cabin buzzin - skeeter swattin - moose chompin - wolverine wrastlin - airframe stressin - no fly fishin - tundra jumpin scoundrel of the Land O' the Midnite Sun

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 06:40:39 PM »
Please indicate the places you haul "Roadkill" to, I won't eat there!

Dusty_Sourdough

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 06:41:34 PM »
Yer house.
Dusty,

WeDGe

• You cant take it with ya
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 01:56:32 AM »
you hit it right on the head one eye...people up here fly what they have available be it a green beaver with a brown door and a grey rudder...mistys cargo, misty air for the bigger airports, and misty charter services....and dont forget in this day and age , if someone really wants to go way out there are those free lancers whilling to pick up any flights mistys inc cant or wont handle ..i have a Cessna 185 tail dragger with tundra tires ready to go if the need arises and i,ll just slap my magnetic mistys charter service sign on the side to make it offical...WeDGe ;D

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 02:26:15 AM »
One more question...

Who flies what? I have quite a few planes in my "Hangar" but I don't have all. So I will also need to know what to put on the shopping list.
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

Dieter

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 02:46:41 AM »
>>Who flies what?

Good question. Maybe a new thread should be opened, where RTMM members can report their "bush planes" for an overview.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

CAF440

• USCG DSF Lt. Dist 9
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 03:43:05 AM »
Twotters, Beavers, Bushhawk, DC-3 and any egg beater. C206 C185, Goose, Pby.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 03:47:26 AM by CAF440 »

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 07:42:53 AM »
I'll fly whatever you paint! :-)   But one thing I'd like us to keep in mind.  Some folks can't afford all the "costly" ones that many of us like. So we do need some "Microsoft generic" ones for the people "on a budget."  Amphibs would be more used than floats because of versatility and less "repaints" so these would probably be the best "generic choice."   We just need a model or two that are "generic Microsoft" ... just wanting to make sure we've got something for everybody.

Doug

BeaverDriver

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 09:31:14 AM »
Withdrawn by poster due to misinterpretation of original intent. This (original) message not applicable.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:46:41 AM by BeaverDriver »
Glenn (a.k.a. BeaverDriver, 'cause that's what I flew IRL :) )

BeaverDriver

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 11:02:52 AM »
Oh, ok. My mistake. I thought we were shooting for what's real rather than for what's MS. Apologies.
Glenn (a.k.a. BeaverDriver, 'cause that's what I flew IRL :) )

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 11:11:11 AM »
Glenn,
just safety wire the gear handle in the UP position and "Pretend".
Later,

Spud

Wildbird

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 11:46:18 AM »
Thanks for the insight BeaverDriver! Please post more of those when you feel inclined!  :)

I gotta say I like amphibs for the ability to land mostly everywhere. Or atleast water and prepared airstrips...

It's usually no problem to make say an amphib paint work on a tundra aircraft, all you need is some insight into how the aircraft.cfg's work, and some copy/paste.