Author Topic: Logitech X56 Hotas problem  (Read 795 times)

williamb

Logitech X56 Hotas problem
« on: August 12, 2024, 01:38:40 PM »
Norm,

Looks like I will be out of commission for awhile as my Logitech X56 has a problem.  The X axis on the joystick  now controls both throttle and ailerons.  I have had several of these controllers over the years, the price is right, the features are good, logitech support is good,  but the reliability is poor.  Failure to isolate x axis on throttle and joystick has happened before.  Wonder what controller you use.  New controllers for MS 2020 are out there and I do intend to upgrade.  Also, do you only fly MS 2020 now?

Thanks, Bill

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Logitech X56 Hotas problem
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2024, 02:15:11 PM »
Sorry to hear that your x56 controller is giving you a hard time! Is there any way you can set up the x56 individual controls via fsuipc? There is far more individual controls that you can set that controllers with using FSUIPC. The only thing I'm not sure about is the x56 as I have never had one. Did have a Logitech yolk, throttle quadrant and Rudder pedals hooked up a while back but it's going to 2020, I just have a Logitech 3D Pro Controller stick I thought we were and it seems to work okay but as in the x56 it doesn't last forever as the button start to fail after a while. I would give either fsuipc a try or even using the default controllers assignment in your FSX to see if you can split the aieleron control versus the x-axis for that x56 hot as.

If anybody else might have experience with this please chime in.
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

williamb

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2024, 11:58:42 AM »
Thanks Norm,  I will give your suggestions a try.  I have done some trouble shooting and set up X-56 with single throttle assignment rather than Throttle 1 and 2.  It seems to work.

Bill

williamb

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2024, 01:27:49 PM »
Norm,

I had forgotten FSUIPC had control setup features.  I set up axis for twin engine profile and the problem with
Joystick controlling aileron and throttle was eliminated. 

Gods grace and peace.

Bill

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2024, 05:04:13 PM »
Perfect that's great! Sounds like you are back in business.. well done!
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^