Author Topic: Changed aircraft on leg 7 of MFC0066  (Read 1040 times)

williamb

Changed aircraft on leg 7 of MFC0066
« on: July 07, 2024, 01:17:59 AM »
Norm,

Changed to PA18 in Cigars on leg 7 as I did not think I could get the Twin Otter into BFD01.  Selected the PA18 and loaded it in Cigars.  Not sure why the Twin Otter showed up in the Pirep.  I have done this before and the aircraft selected in Cigars was listed in Pirep.  Should have done this on Koniag Peak as well but did not.  Look forward to rest of the Tour in the Twin Otter.

Bill

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Changed aircraft on leg 7 of MFC0066
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024, 09:22:11 AM »
Yep, you can change an aircraft for any leg but only in cigar box..that is first load the bid flight into cigar box then on the aircraft box in cigar box change or scroll to the desired aircraft to be used then muat select/click the aircraft load button and the selected aircraft loads into the flight that is loaded to be flown.. then start/fly/file the flight as usual.

This method is the only way to change aircraft on a tour leg anytime that you want to fly a different aircraft for any leg other than the aircraft that was chosen for a tour.

I edited your filed pirep to change the aircraft from the dhc6 to the pa18 as per the log file.👍

Norm
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 09:57:00 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

williamb

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2024, 07:54:31 PM »
Norm,  thanks for your response on correct way of changing aircraft on Leg 7 of Tour MFC0066.  I now have had a similar issue on Leg 10 of Tour MFC0066.  I closed the flight on this leg at PAKD and filed the PIREP without going to DGB.  Senior moment.  To complete Leg 10 fully I selected Flight Plan MFCT00872-6A2 (ORI-DGB) from Flight Schedules and reflew the whole route in the Twin Otter.  The flight was uneventful and I filed the PIREP after arriving at DGB.  On review of my PIREP I realized the aircraft listed for this Flight Plan was a Husky.

I did not make mistakes like this when I was flying for a living. I was younger then.  As I really enjoy MFC, I would like my records to be correct.  If you could place the correct aircraft in the PIREP for this leg I would be pleased.  Sorry to cause extra work for you.

Thanks Norm.  Hope you and Cyndi are doing well.

Bill     

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2024, 10:27:07 PM »
Yes we are doing well.. it has been hot here.. and I guess there as well... So have been trying to go to the lake as much as possible..  kids and grand-kids in tow.. lol.    Will fix up the pireps to show twin otter. 

Thanks Bill.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^