Author Topic: RTMM Scenery not appearing in FSX Scenery Library.  (Read 1113 times)

calgaryautumns

RTMM Scenery not appearing in FSX Scenery Library.
« on: May 25, 2024, 09:59:51 PM »
I don't know if I am doing something wrong or not, But I followed all the instructions in the guide for installing the complete package for RTMM, But the RTMM files don't appear in FSX nor the orbx Airports and regions insertion point either, The scenery config file and the locations are all correct. But the simulator fails to detect everything in the RTMM folder in the addon scenery folder in the main sim directory. I've attached images of the problem to see if it's something that's obvious or not.

I do use ultimate terrain x for Alaska, But I doubt it has anything to do with RTMM, Much support is appreciated.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: RTMM Scenery not appearing in FSX Scenery Library.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 08:37:04 AM »
Looking at your pics.. Orbx insertion points are messed up in Orbx Central... RTMM seems to be at the bottom.. buried.. All the scenery # from the scenery.cfg file will renumber once you set the orbx insertion points.

RTMM Items have to be at the top of the order.. Tongass in the middle..  To do that piece, the insertion points have to be set inside the Orbx FTX Central application (then once set, they will be reflected in your FSX Scenery Order.

-------------------------------------
Set the Orbx Insertion points:

Start ORBX Central V4 >> go to Settings >> Set Insertion Points as follows:

ORBX Regions and Airports > INSERTED BELOW >>
Select >> RTMM-01-RTMM Object Libraries 1-2-3-4 <-----(ORBX Top Insertion Point)-----<

ORBX Global > INSERTED BELOW >>
>> Select the entry: >> Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority

Once selected, close that Insertion point tab and navigate to Help > select Sync Simulator. This will setup the sim scenery library layering. When done, exit Orbx Central.

All the RTMM entries, the Orbx and Tongass entries should have also been correctly setup and properly layered or ordered in your scenery library. RTMM Entries should be at the top of your scenery library and Tongass Higher and Tongass Lower should be below all the Orbx Regions and Airports in the scenery library (and above any OpenLC entries).
--------------------------------
Might need to sync twice so that the new scenery order and scenery.cfg file is generated.

This will set your scenery blocks as below: and that will fix your order/layering in your scenery.cfg file.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 08:43:23 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^