Author Topic: Tongass Fjords create snow in Florida and the Bahamas in P3D5  (Read 1202 times)

blaunarwal

• Dan's P3D Mods
Hi Friends

For some time now, I saw snow in Florida and recently on South Bimini (MYBS). I found the Wooded Wet Swamp texture, was turned into snow in these areas. It was caused by sceneries coming with Landclass files, named LC_2724.bgl or similar. Renaming these files to .off usually made the snow dissappear, but also the fine landclass the addon featured.

I tried a felt 100 times excluding different scenery and starting the sim, to find Tongass Fjords in the end as causing this.

So far I have not tested the single scenery files of Tongass Fjords, to find out, what causes this. I thought, I rather ask here, where the last users of this addon may gather and maybe someone already has solved this problem before.

I appreciate your ideas for this problem.

Dan

My System: P3D5.3, Windows 11 Home
AORUS Z790 Elite AX, i13900K, KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, 64 GB DDR5-5600, Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Tongass Fjords create snow in Florida and the Bahamas in P3D5
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2024, 07:47:49 AM »
Are using the RTMM add-on and Tongass Addon that we created for P3D (v5)?

The bigger question and suggestion would be that you check that you have correctly done the manual update of the p3dv5 terrain.cfg to add the 40 Tongass terrain.cfg entries. IF not, you will have scenery (and weather) distortions in your sim.. which sounds like the problem here. 

Give that a check and fix if necessary and hopefully that will remedy the situation.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

blaunarwal

• Dan's P3D Mods
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2024, 12:41:55 PM »
Hi Norm

That's the obvious possibility but I have the RTMM add-on, the Tongass Addon i'm not really sure, I explain later and of course all 40 entries in the terrain.cfg. RTMM works perfectly, but it makes bahamas_scenery_pack_3-1.zip having snow on Bimini south.

I have the Tongass X scenery for long and I got all fixed simobjects since P3D changed to 64bits.

Wasn't there a batch process changing all the Tongass X files before it became available here as a complete download?

I tried before to download the p3d5 addon version but the link doesn't work, the webpage can not be reached. Maybe you have another link for me to test this RTMM version.

Regards
Dan
AORUS Z790 Elite AX, i13900K, KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, 64 GB DDR5-5600, Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2024, 01:17:47 PM »
Okay Dan... if you use the FSX tongus install EXE to install your tongus fjords in your p3d version 5 and you have confirmed that you have the 40 tongas config entries in the terrain.cfg file, and without any manual intervention of your scenery order, this would result in the tongus higher and lower sceneries being in the wrong spot in the order and that would result in incorrect layering of the different layers.

FTX Central has a habit of burying other add-ons resulting in them being in the incorrect positions in the scenery order. You will have to set the insertion points of tongus as well as rtmm in the insertion points..

Tongus higher over lower must be set to be above vector and the default p3d sceneries,  situated between any orbx landclass sceneries and orbx airports and regions.. rtmm has to sit on top of the scenery order..
. Note.. if you install tongus from the FSX exe file make sure that you update the ai simobject models as the original FSX Congress models are not compatible with p3dv5 and you will get ctds when those models are called by the scenery.

Now... to save some problems, I would recommend downloading the tongus add-on for p3d.. as well as the p3d V5 RTMM add-on and drop them into your default p3d V5 add-ons folder then enable them in the simulator when it starts.. I have set parameters those add-ons to place the scenery where they should be placed inside the scenery config file without intervention... and as well in the tongus fjords add-on have updated the AI Sim object models that are compatible with p3dv5.
You still need a 40 terrain config entries for tongas but other than that the add-ons that we created for rtmm as well as strong as fjords fir p3d kind of take care of themselves without much intervention for the most part.

You can refer to the install instructions for the rtmm as well as tongas fjords add-on and they describe the entire process how to set up for your sim. Hope this helps.

Norm

blaunarwal

• Dan's P3D Mods
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2024, 01:40:55 PM »
I tried adding the Tongass files on top layer and they don't create snow. So you were right about layering. I had Tongass X above any ORBX sceneries, but below north america and RTMM sceneries. I will have to find a new order then.

I tried again placing Tongass on top with the add-on.xml method, and get snow again on Bimini. Tomorrow I will test all parts of the addon in the respective .cfg (sound.cfg, Simobjects.cfg, scenery.cfg)

You completely ignored me about the problem to download the Tongass scenery. The shortlinks don't work anymore. Please fix it or provide me with a working link.

Dan
« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 03:13:53 PM by blaunarwal »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2024, 05:40:43 PM »
Hmm, sorry about that Dan... I missed your statement that the links were not working here on this site... ( I find it a little difficult trying to read long post with my cell phone but have no choice as I am not at home).. in any event I have checked the tongus links as well as the RTMM add-on links and they are sll working here on this site .. and the same links are all working on our Discord site.. perhaps your virus scanner is blocking the links? But if required I can put the packages up on a alternate download server for you to try.. but I won't be able to do that until Tuesday morning.

Norm
« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 05:51:36 PM by nbrich1 »

blaunarwal

• Dan's P3D Mods
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2024, 02:03:28 AM »
Hi Norm

I could fix the snow problem. See the snowy Bimini swamp.

Sorry about the dark pic but I only shot a pic at dusk or hitting V did not work at day times.
No it looks like this:

I had to break up the add-on.xml. I tried to re-layer the scenery with simstarter but it remained snowy. So I deleted the scenery entries in the add-on.xml and added the three entries manually. World went down to and the Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority and Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority on top. Don't know about the RTMM files, if they need to be above Tongass? But with scenery.cfg entries I can shift pretty easy without even leaving the sim.

About the download links, please check them when your home on the pc. I don't have problems with my AV, windows defender, regarding downloads. I rather think the shortlinks are expired.

Dan

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2024, 05:08:20 PM »
Firstly all of the Links to the Add-ons (FSX, P3Dv4, P3Dv5, MSFS, as well as Tongass are all working as intended. That is here on the site (https://return.mistymoorings.com/s_install/index.php) and on the MFC discord server.

Next.Scenery Order...   Tongass go in the middle, above OrbX L/C, but below Orbx regions and Orbx airports, then at the extreme top is all of the stuff...   (If you use the Tongass Add-on for P3D.. and the RTMM Add-ons for P3Dv5, I have tried to preset the order in the Tongass add-on and in the rtmm addon.. 

Usually there is no need to play with Orbx Central trying to set insertion points to maintain the correct scenery order... but if necessary as it might be in your case, recommend to set insertion points in Orbx Central so that the scenery order is set and does not revert...The order looks like this: and once the scenery order is set, then the sim gets the correct order for layering..... RTMM is 3rd party scenery and should be sitting on top of the order...

Hope this helps?

Norm