Author Topic: How to find code for LLWS Lower Lodge Watercraft start  (Read 2499 times)

Frank82

How to find code for LLWS Lower Lodge Watercraft start
« on: October 10, 2023, 02:10:25 PM »
I have looked everywhere including Little Nav Map but can’t find a code or name that MSFS2020 will accept for Lower Lodge Watercraft Start. I know there are some differences in RTMM and MSFS2020 ICAO codes but don’t know where to start if I can’t find the name in MSFS.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: How to find code for LLWS Lower Lodge Watercraft start
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 04:26:36 PM »
Well Frank. you are in MSFS. 

You were flying MFC0002- Leg 7. For this destination of Lower Lodge Watercraft Start (LLWS) which is the lower location at Hang 'Em High which is FSX/P3D location:
This location has Lat.Long = N55 10.7591 --   W132 14.5202

Once landed at this location (arrival), you must save this flight and position in your sim as the ICAO doesn't not exist in either FSX/P3D or MSFS. The flight Plan and tour documentation indicates (SAVE SIM POSITION) which means: after you land at this location save the flight so that you will be able to start the new flight departure from this location without having to search for the stating location.

If you didn't save your position, start at the closest ICAO location which is at Josephine Lake Cabin (JOSE) which is leg 8 of the tour. 

I have converted the original FP for you into MSFS format (LNM) starting at Josephine Lake Cabin (JOSE) and it is appended on this post as a zip.. (unzip and load in your sim). I still contains some locations that you do not have in your sim, but they mark a very scenic route so you can follow the FP as indicated and it will lead you do the destination. 

Now some detail: Doug Linn created a waypoints table for all RTMM locations in FSX/P3D scenery which is on this page. https://return.mistymoorings.com/n_navigation/index.php#way

Also you can download these (FSX/P3D) locations and import them to LNM and/or Plan G and all of the RTMM locations (FSX/P3D) will be indicated on the map. (Very helpful to find previous sim locations).

But in MSFS all scenery locations have been created with MSFS identifiable valid and unique ICAO locations which are recognized by the sim. Plan G or LNM also recognizes these up valid MSFS ICAO locations
upon MSFS scenery build or scenery scan.

Hope this helps?

It can be kind of tricky using older sim flight plans etc in a new sim like MSFS but if you have the older RTMM location indicators in LNM or Plan G as well as MSFS ICAO's it doesn't take too long to adjust a FP. I guess the most enjoyable thing and "rule of thumb" might be is: start as close as possible to the original departure location then "fly the route" to the closest arrival point to the destination. So it's all about flying the route.

I was originally thinking (two years ago) about going back to some sixty+ FSX/P3DvX MFC tours and reworking/redoing them for MSFS but decided against it as there are still lots of FSX/P3D users out there that use these. That does result in MSFS users having to tweak these FP for use in MSFS but once you get the idea it doesn't take too long to do.

Norm
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 04:51:17 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^