Author Topic: CDT when changing aircraft within a saved RTMM scenery scenario  (Read 2678 times)

shermank

CDT when changing aircraft within a saved RTMM scenery scenario
« on: September 02, 2023, 08:56:53 AM »

Hi everyone,
I have wrestled with a CDT problem which I suspect is linked to RTMM scenery, but only when I try to change aircraft from within a saved P3D v5.4 scenario.
I have been discussing this at the P3D forum for the last week or so, exploring various options and suggestions.
Along the way, I have uninstalled andreinstalled the RTMM scenery package.
I have tested a variety of saved scenarios. Those that do not involve RTMM seem to present no problems. In fact, not all RTMM airports are causing an issue.
At this point, I am looking for workarounds and suggestions. Thanks.
Sherm

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: CDT when changing aircraft within a saved RTMM scenery scenario
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 01:59:39 PM »
Under most conditions changing an aircraft in a safe flight is nearly impossible without crash to desktop.. and that is since the same flight saves also the aircraft name, changing the aircraft does not match the aircraft name that is contained in the saved flight.

Unless you edit the aircraft within the saved flight file you can't change the aircraft. Same with weather and also fuel levels.. once the flight is saved the weather and fuel levels are locked and can't be changed.

I think the same logic applies to most sims unless there is a way not to save these conditions in a saved flight.

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

shermank

Re: CDT when changing aircraft within a saved RTMM scenery scenario
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 02:04:45 PM »
Thanks Rich. That appears to be the most logical explanation of them all.
Sherm