Author Topic: Stikine Glacier Icefields has been added  (Read 3060 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Stikine Glacier Icefields has been added
« on: September 26, 2023, 01:21:14 PM »
Karl-Heinz Klotz (KAHA) has made his first contribution to RTMM. He has re-created the wonderful Stikine Glacier Icestations.  There are 11 stations in the set.  These are included in the new Express Update of 09.28.2023 that you can download from the RTMM Home Page for FS2020.

Although these are "fictional," we decided they should be added because they are or could be temporary. Karl has created them with that sort of "temporary" look about them.  His work comes with a fine readme that includes information on the ice stations and a map for finding them. Also in the zip, you will find a folder for the NDBs for each of them. So you can once again put your ADF to work and use that instrument to see the ice stations.

If you add real weather to this set of ice stations, you will have your hands full trying to find them and land safely upon them. We recommend a ski-equipped STOL-type aircraft for the safest usage of these.

Please join me in thanking Karl for a job well done and for a fine contribution to RTMM's ever-expanding gallery of special places for you to use in FS2020.  Thank you, Karl!

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Stikine Glacier Icefields has been added
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2023, 04:10:09 PM »
Way to go Karl. Nice work, well done and thank-you so much for working on this for us.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Kallewy

• my homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 06:09:18 AM »
I have looked at all 11, very good work

Greetings from me, Kalle

kaha

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2023, 06:13:51 AM »
Thank you, Kalle!

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

kaha

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2023, 12:57:22 PM »
Way to go Karl. Nice work, well done and thank-you so much for working on this for us.

Norm

I'm already looking forward to the nice tours you'll probably create.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2023, 01:22:49 PM »
Indeed Karl, already planning.. The Stikine Glacier Icefields tentatively planned as excursion MFS0035 departing Juneau PAJN into the SIRP ice fields, (March 2024). Oh my, very tough landings at the ice stations but so scenic in the mountains and glacier areas! So, "IF" we survive the ice station landings, will head closer to our home at Mistys or Annette Island and take a rest. lol. (Just starting to working on routing!)  But "warning" "warning" the SIRP landings on the ice and in the high elevations are very challenging, to say the least.

Norm

« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 10:43:00 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^