Author Topic: Looking for a Twin Engine Recommendation  (Read 2569 times)

kronovan

Looking for a Twin Engine Recommendation
« on: July 06, 2023, 01:59:56 PM »
I recently replaced my 2 aging and 1 recently defective Saitek throttle quadrants, with a single, twin engine throttle quadrant. So that's got me flying and looking to fly more twin engine aircraft. For twins, I own the DHC-4 Caribou and Big Radial's JRF Goose and dearly love flying both. I tried the MSFS-Asobo DC-3 with Duckworth's realism patch, but decided I really don't enjoy it even in it's patched, improved state. What I'm feeling the itch for now, is not another twin engine bush aircraft, but something with decent range I can fly from regional and international airports. That would allow me to use my Pilot2ATC addon and maybe a PAX transporting biz app; had Air Hauler 2 for FSX-SE and enjoyed it. I'd really like something that's capable of cruisng at 200+ kts.

I've been considering the Flysimware C414AW Chancellor and Justlfight Stream Gauge Overhaul for the Kingair. I've read a lot of high praise for the C414AW and it's currenlty on sale. It fits what would be the minmum PAX capacity and power for the sort of twin I'm currenlty looking for. I've admittedly had little stick time with the MSFS Kingair, but it's an aircraft I enjoyed for FSX-SE. I figure the flight model must be half decent for a developer to create a payware steam gauge alternative.

And lastly, the Aerosoft Twin Otter which I truly loved flying in FSX-SE, would no doubt give me all I'm desiring and work as a bush plane too. Sadly I'm too late to the party on it, as Aerosoft has pulled it from all the online stores I shop. I'll buy it when it's intro'd again, but for now I just need something to scratch my itch.

If anyone could give me some feedback on the 2 twin engines I listed, or suggest another, it'd be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 02:21:25 PM by kronovan »

John

Re: Looking for a Twin Engine Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 02:54:13 PM »
I think the C414AW would be an excellent choice.  I love it and they update it quite often.
John

Edit: For a light twin the Milviz C310R can't be beat!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 03:03:35 PM by John »

kronovan

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 03:51:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply John.

I watched a youtube of a start up of the steam gauge Kingair and that's got me thinking it might not be for me - at least not for now. Just a few too many switches and procedures to be handled there.
I'm leaning more towards the C414 now, which looks more like the level of fidelity I want.

Are the optional, 3rd party GTN 750xi or GTN 750 really necessary?

And yes I did check out the C310R too, but interesting enough its listed requirements in a few areas were a wee bit beyond my simming rig.

kronovan

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 04:48:12 PM »
Well I went to the flysimware.com website and noticed you can download the user guide PDF.  So I downloaded it, browsed it and....it has a Navomatic AP! Dang, I loved me my Navomatic in my FSX 206 Stationair - I'm sold. Yes I know...the analog minded are at times easily impressed.  :P

Going to buy it, install it and Navomatic away in it.