Author Topic: Cleaning up Locations (after Asobo changes) Again ...  (Read 1967 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Cleaning up Locations (after Asobo changes) Again ...
« on: June 07, 2023, 01:06:45 PM »
For those wondering, if you are following the Scenery Updates Thread ...(https://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=5789.0)
... You will see quite a few changes going on.

Asobo has changed the "water polygons and some ground polygons" which they are now calling "terraformers".  All of these must be "converted" where I've used polys previously. I've got the lighthouses, lodges and SPBs completed and am working on the cabin groups. As of this writing I've just finished Group 4, the Craig Ranger District.

As I'm doing this ... if there is a flat/open spot nearby the cabin (naturally), I will add a "sandy disk" there for a helipad landing spot. Most cabins have no flat areas and are on lake shorelines, so these will only happen in special locations (Helicopter Friendly).  These "pads" will not have lighting, nor will they remove the snow if there is snow on the ground ... they are remote and meant to duplicate real life. If there is a flat spot near a cabin, a real heli could land there.  I am making "H1" gates for all of these so you can start at them if you like. All have been added to the WayPoint page, I add them as I'm working on a cabin.

You can always see what was in the latest Express Update by going to the thread above. Also, the "update" date at the scenery location (Scenery page) is a hot link that you can click on and you can see what the latest changes were to that particular location. Going through all of the 400 locations is a real pain and the "maintenance" seems continuous. Hopefully, Asobo won't make many of these updates in the future that cause us to have to recreate everything.

dastraka

Re: Cleaning up Locations (after Asobo changes) Again ...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 05:41:52 PM »
Hi,

Thank you for all the work you do to make these scenes come to life. I spend most of my FS time in Misty Moorings and find myself wanting to plan a long vacation and visit some of these locations for real.

David

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Cleaning up Locations (after Asobo changes) Again ...
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 08:53:52 PM »
I'd like to make that trip with you, David!  What I enjoy about FS2020 is I can go to many of the places in the world that I really did visit and revisit anytime!  I've been to Alaska and have seen some of the USFS Cabins up close. (They are not nearly as pretty as we make them!).

I'm putting all of the Chugach District Cabins into RTMM ... there are 36 of them, and some of them are really in stunning locations. Crow Pass, although simple and very difficult to get to (heli only), if you can get there, the view is probably the most beautiful in all of RTMM. I'll be using a screenie from there for the thumbnail for the cabin group. (posted below). That will be coming out with the next Express Update. it will take me about 3 weeks to get all of the Chugach cabins done. But from what I've seen so far, some of them are really amazing.

Af for the other cabin groups (7 and up) I apologize for the "shape" some of our locations are in after the Asobo "terraformers" updates. Many of the lakes I built from scratch, they simply were not there. Almost all of those have "dry bed" problems now and look pretty bad. It is very satisfying to get them all working beautifully again. But it takes a lot of time and I'm the only one working on these.

Your kind words are much appreciated!

Doug
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 09:04:41 PM by Doug »