Author Topic: Gorgeous (real) Alaska bush flying video  (Read 3436 times)

rallymodeller

• MFC1057: CYZR represent!
Gorgeous (real) Alaska bush flying video
« on: March 02, 2023, 01:59:59 AM »
Here it is: your moment of zen.

The pilot is pretty slick, from the engine-out coast into the dock to the 180° curving takeoff run. Enjoy.
"Clouds may look like fluffy cotton candy, but they often contain a crunchy centre"

Kallewy

• my homepage
Re: Gorgeous (real) Alaska bush flying video
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 04:35:19 AM »
Great Video, THX
Greetings from me, Kalle

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 08:12:33 AM »
Ah, beautiful! and nothing quite like the beaver purr! Thanks for the video post Jeremy.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 02:38:38 PM »
The sound waooo .. great VID Thx..  ;)
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 08:33:33 AM »
The high speed turn before rotation is something I've never seen or experienced before. Amazing. I wonder if that's even possible in any kind of cross wind? I've flown in a bunch of Beavers (and Otters) before and have never seen a panel layout like that before, but they say that no two Beaver (or Otter) panels are laid out the same way. Also, that thing looks almost brand new, clean, and shiny. Will be flying in a turbo Otter in late June on a fly-in fishing trip in Quebec. Can't wait.

Norm, I'll be passing through your area again on the to and from, but I doubt I'll have the time to drop in and say hello.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2023, 05:32:27 PM »
Nice vid!  Thanks!

Rod

rallymodeller

• MFC1057: CYZR represent!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2023, 08:43:35 PM »
The high speed turn before rotation is something I've never seen or experienced before. Amazing. I wonder if that's even possible in any kind of cross wind?

I've seen it used in smaller floatplanes in tight confines but never to that degree; also never seen it with any kind of crosswind. That water was pretty freaking smooth.
"Clouds may look like fluffy cotton candy, but they often contain a crunchy centre"

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2023, 11:18:31 PM »
The high speed turn before rotation is something I've never seen or experienced before. Amazing. I wonder if that's even possible in any kind of cross wind? I've flown in a bunch of Beavers (and Otters) before and have never seen a panel layout like that before, but they say that no two Beaver (or Otter) panels are laid out the same way. Also, that thing looks almost brand new, clean, and shiny. Will be flying in a turbo Otter in late June on a fly-in fishing trip in Quebec. Can't wait.

Norm, I'll be passing through your area again on the to and from, but I doubt I'll have the time to drop in and say hello.

Well if you do figure you might have sometime as you're passing by, it would be great to see you and your crew. Hope you have a great time Steve.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^