Author Topic: Anyone know which libraries these trees are in?  (Read 4048 times)

gavinc

Anyone know which libraries these trees are in?
« on: September 16, 2022, 06:09:09 PM »
Hi,
I am finding these white trees all through the RTMM scenery locations.

I am sure that it is an RTMM library object because if I disable my RTMM Addon.xml the trees disappear.

The picture is at Halibut cove but they appear at multiple locations.

Thanks
Gavin

Dieter

Re: Anyone know which libraries these trees are in?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 04:01:34 AM »
Are you using the season switcher maybe with wrong settings?
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

gavinc

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 05:58:16 PM »
Yes I'm using season switcher but these trees appear no matter which season is selected.

Gavin

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 06:28:35 PM »
HI Gavin,

I believe the trees are from the HC_Clem_Tillion_Trees_PLC_BA_rtmm_winter.bgl file.  The path to that file in the RTMM Add-on (P3Dv5) set  is  ...\05-RTMM Addon Scenery\Halibut Cove.

That file should have .off instead of .bgl at the end of it if you don't have winter selected in the season switcher but it may not be resetting because you  probably have two or more of the same HC_Clem_Tillion_Trees_PLC_BA_rtmm_xxxxx.bgl files on at the same time.  Set the switcher to summer and manually change the .bgl to .off for the HC_Clem_Tillion_Trees_PLC_BA_rtmm_winter.bgl and any others of that set if they don't have .off except for the summer one.

Hope this helps.

Rod

gavinc

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 06:36:33 PM »
HI Gavin,

I believe the trees are from the HC_Clem_Tillion_Trees_PLC_BA_rtmm_winter.bgl file.  The path to that file in the RTMM Add-on (P3Dv5) set  is  ...\05-RTMM Addon Scenery\Halibut Cove.

That file should have .off instead of .bgl at the end of it if you don't have winter selected in the season switcher but it may not be resetting because you  probably have two or more of the same HC_Clem_Tillion_Trees_PLC_BA_rtmm_xxxxx.bgl files on at the same time.  Set the switcher to summer and manually change the .bgl to .off for the HC_Clem_Tillion_Trees_PLC_BA_rtmm_winter.bgl and any others of that set if they don't have .off except for the summer one.

Hope this helps.

Rod

Thanks Rod,
Sadly that is not it.
My HC_Clem_Tillion_Trees_PLC_BA_rtmm_winter.bgl  is off in the Halibut cove scenery HC_Clem_Tillion_Trees_PLC_BA_rtmm_fall.bgl is active.

do you happen to know which library those BGLs call?

Gavin

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 10:19:38 PM »
Hi Gavin,

Your posted picture looks like a summer shot.  Assuming your current fall scene has the same 3 white trees as your summer shot, you can find the object library and object information on the matching 3 trees shown in my fall scene (although green) that are placed by my HC_Clem_Tillion_Trees_PLC_BA_rtmm_fall.bgl file below:

<P3D root Directory>\Scenery\Global\scenery\vegetation_fsxrtm.bgl:

veg_ccedarincense2_old1   {e2762d82-389e-4333-93e8-8e24b4a4e961} (FSX only!)
  veg_ccedarincense3_old3   {75426beb-e6c0-4e39-8fa9-83b88f8fe947} (FSX only!)
  veg_ccedarincense3_old5   {c87702f7-22e9-4cd2-87bf-e9307022e3a3} (FSX only!)

These 3 objects show up green in my fall scene at Halibut Cove but apparently show up frosted white in yours.  It is possible that the default object library vegetation_fsxrtm.bgl referenced above might be corrupt or using a corrupt default texture on your system.  All 3 objects above use the same default  treesconifer.dds file (it is a texture sheet) which is found in the associated <P3D root Directory>\Scenery\Global\texture folder.

Rod

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2022, 09:15:33 AM »
Hi stiletto2
as always your are simply the best

[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

John

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 02:28:29 PM »
Just love Tina baby, thanks for that  8)

gavinc

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2022, 07:23:51 PM »
Hi Rod,
The shot was posted using seasons set via eSwitcher with the season set by Flight Date.

When I set the season to fall using "Method 2" (choosing 1 of the 4 seasons) Halibut cove has lots of trees in autumn colours but those 3 trees are still white.

I looked at the P3D library in MCX and the tree appears fine. The treesconifer.dds texture file looks perfectly normal in Photoshop as well.

the very odd thing is that if I slew around the trees they do sort of display the texture but all washed out.

Gavin

gavinc

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2022, 08:02:05 PM »
Update - I swapped out the vegetation_fsxrtm.bgl file for the one from P3Dv4.5 and the problem appears to have gone away.

Gavin

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2022, 09:55:05 AM »
Hi stiletto2
as always your are simply the best

Thanks, Patrick

Rod

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2022, 09:56:06 AM »
Update - I swapped out the vegetation_fsxrtm.bgl file for the one from P3Dv4.5 and the problem appears to have gone away.

Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Sounds good!

Rod