Author Topic: FSX-SE (Steam) working well for me with RTMM, so far so good...  (Read 2747 times)

Phil Hawkey

Hi folks

Over in the welcome thread the issue of how well Steam is behaving with RTMM sceneries was mentioned, and happily I have today installed Tongass Fjords and OrbX Pacific Fjords together with the RTMM libraries and the Legacy sceneries, without a hitch.

I am using DX10 Scenery Fixer by Steve and the library objects checked out faultlessly in the scenery checker.  My FSX-SE is a stand-alone installation, i.e. I don't try to run both Steam and FSX together; that
would complicate scenery installations from past experience.

I have tried a couple of the flight plans and WOW! does RTMM look good so far, so very many thanks to all the developers here, and I am looking forward to flying these fantastic flights.  If I see something adrift with scenery objects along the wasy, I'll try and grab a screenshot and post it up here, but it's looking very good so far for FSX-SE and RTMM.

Best to all

Phil

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: FSX-SE (Steam) working well for me with RTMM, so far so good...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 10:38:54 AM »
Phil,
one thing on screenshots be absolutely sure to include the Coordinates etc. in the shot.  To do this just press CTRL Z before taking the screen shot so coordinates show in the upper left of the screen.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Phil Hawkey

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 11:53:32 AM »
Will do!  Many thanks.  I put up a screen shot of the Misty Bar in the welcome thread, showing black wall textures, which I gather isn't right.  That happens for me in both DX10 and DX9.  I have run DXTfixer and have the 8 bit texture fix switched on in DX10 Fixer.  Is that a fault of my system I wonder?

Phil
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 11:56:57 AM by Phil Hawkey »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 12:11:36 PM »
Phil,
Black textures are the either the result of a missing texture that's associated with an object or having  a duplicate(s) of the same texture on your system. I'm not at my FSX computer right now so I can't identify the texture in question, but will take a look when I get a chance and help you solve the issue. Your issue is pretty common.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 07:47:54 PM »
     You boys are off topic again.  The texture issue is not related to the steam version of FSX.  ...just sayin'.  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 08:26:10 PM »
Well in a way he was asking in a round about way if Steam might have anything to do with black textures.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support