Author Topic: Carenado PA31 Navajo v1.1 Problems  (Read 4031 times)

MackemSam

Carenado PA31 Navajo v1.1 Problems
« on: August 15, 2015, 12:14:30 PM »
I know this isn't strictly RTMM-related, but I'm wondering if there are any Carenado gurus about the place?

I'm sure the Navajo is a lovely aircraft to fly, at least I would be if I could get the thing to install. I've tried two separate purchases (and will be dead man walking when the Missus finds out about that!) to check it's not a faulty download. It isn't. Everytime the installer goes to check my serial code with Carenado it returns an "Invalid Serial Code" error, even though I'm copying/pasting from a saved NotePad document as advised. Both Carenado and the reseller have confirmed I'm using the correct code and I'm now at my wits end.

I had similar problems with their Seneca V and PC-12 but both of those eventually saw sense and installed; in the end I had to purchase a second Seneca to get it to work. The Navajo (both of them) is being stubborn.

Carenado support asked for screenshots last night, which I duly sent, then they shrugged and wandered off into the sunset. I seem to have problems with their installers that require this online serial checking business, older aircraft install no problem.

I installed another addon (different company) yesterday and that connected to its server no bother, so as far as I can make out there's something amiss with Carenado's Navajo installer, and/or its ability to contact home base. Bang goes my plan of an Alaska charter operation.

Any advice, hints, tips, offers of strong drink would be much appreciated.

- Sam

1200 feet, minimal visibility and absolutely lovin' it.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Carenado PA31 Navajo v1.1 Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 01:49:21 PM »
Are you giving the installer administrative rights?  :-\

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

MackemSam

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 01:59:58 PM »
Jeff,

Yes, I'm giving the installer admin rights, and I have my anti-virus completely switched off during installation. I can't think of what else it could be.  :(

MackemSam

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 07:54:28 PM »
Jeff, it's fixed itself!!  :o

I dunno how, but it has. Can you make sense of this...

PC completely locked up while surfing the web with Chrome. Had to use the Reset button. Chkdisc ran on re-boot, fiddled about with a couple of files then launched Windows. I reset the wireless router while this was happening. First thing I did was check FSX was OK, and it was. Hit the installer and bingo, installed itself like a good little Navajo.

I'm completely mystified, happy, but mystified.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 08:13:43 PM »
Yay, glad it finally worked.  You must have had some corrupt area of your disk, which chkdsk fixed.  Disks need maintenance periodically.  Are you on HDD or SSD drives?  Must be HDD with chkdsk, eh?  Anyway, glad you're flying the Navajo now.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

MackemSam

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 08:44:20 PM »
Yup, good ol' fashioned mechanical HDD. SSD's scare me. I know they're faster, but it's the built-in "limited number of times before they fail" thing that puts me off even though I'm told it's a huge number of times before they croak; and the fact the guy in the store was determined to sell me an SSD...natural reaction was to dig the heels in. I might go for an SSD next time...nothing like tempting fate. I'm surprised my defrag software didn't alert me to corrupt areas of the HDD.

Still, however it happened, I'm flying my new noisy bird now. Perhaps I can try that trip from CYDB to PAPG I did the flightplan for as the Navajo installer was downloading.