Author Topic: Masking a Stream or River  (Read 2860 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Masking a Stream or River
« on: August 01, 2015, 08:37:54 AM »
Thought I would ask a question here, maybe I'll catch an answer.  At Thayer Creek Hydro, I've created a small lake where the stream is dammed up.  The result works fine, but the stream STILL runs across the top of the lake ... looking pretty weird. You can see it in one of the attached pictures. In another picture, you'll see I "covered" it with dock parts making a scenic walkway ... not too realistic, but it looks much better than a stream with shorelines running across the top of the lake.

My question ... anyone know how to mask a "section" of a stream/river like that?

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Masking a Stream or River
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 02:46:53 PM »
Doug,
is a stream autogen?  Asking because I believe you can use an exclude to kill autogen.  If it is part of the terrain I don't think an exclude will work.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 03:26:27 PM »
I think that's the problem ... it is in the ORBX terrain.

Doug

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 02:12:51 PM »
Problem Solved. You draw a small polygon over the offending creek. In SBuilder, you then use the "Exclude all Streams" (which is frightening ... ALL streams?) But it only excludes the streams in that "vector". So in this case, one stream. But then, of course, you have to rebuild the stream. Thanks to Holger Sandmann for help on this one!  Here is the result ...