Author Topic: HangEmHigh scenery (ICAO problem)  (Read 6352 times)

Blomotom

HangEmHigh scenery (ICAO problem)
« on: January 23, 2015, 09:44:29 AM »
Hello, i m new user of RTMM.
I have problem to install this scenery.

I have install all library  and for test RTMM for the first time : misty place and PF40 who work perfecly.

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=422334511.jpg

But when i install HangEmHigh wont work.
Here : FSX folder/Addon Scenery\Return Misty Morning\SC\HangEmHigh Resort

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=439731Sanstitre.jpg

When i load flight plan i have message : HANG "unknown". My scenery work but i cant start flight from this place (ICAO are not in the FSX database).

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=879456Sanstitre.png

Thanks for help, sorry for my english (i m french, i m charlie :).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:11:36 AM by Blomotom »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: HangEmHigh scenery (ICAO problem)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 10:13:48 AM »
Hi Blomotom,
If I understand what you are saying, Hang Em High is installed and working correctly for you. Am I correct? I think your problem you are having is that you are trying to create a flight plan to Hang Em High and can't find it in the airport list. There is no ICAO code for Hang Em High so it won't show up in the airport database list and so you won't be able to create a flight plan that starts or ends at Hang Em High. You can use the flight plans that Doug made for Hang Em High which are includedin the download.

The are:
#HangEmHigh to Misty's Place.pln
=HangEmHigh Resorts from Mistys Place.pln

If this doesn't answer your question, please ask again and we'll figure this out for you.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Blomotom

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 10:20:13 AM »
Thx for your quicly response.
Ok all is all right.
My problem is normal.... :(
The 2 flight plan are from and to HangEmHigh. If ICAO isn't in database how do you do to load "from" flight plan.

Second optionnal question : is it possible to add an icao with a positon on ground to start from this place easly ?

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 10:27:07 AM »
Hi ... welcome!  Hang Em High doesn't have an ICAO, so it is not a "listed" airport.  But if you want to start at HangEmHigh and make a flight plan to Misty's Place, here is what you do:

First, "Place" yourself at the proper starting point.  Use the "MAP" in your sim. (I have my keyboard mapped to "M" bringing up MAP instead of "Magneto". You will see that you can "place" yourself anywhere in the world with this feature. All you need is the Latitude and Longitude. Got to the Here2There page at RTMM. In the top index, you will see RTMM Starting Points. If you click on that, it takes you to the Starting Points table. (HERE). Now go down to the "H" area and you will find several entries for HangEmHigh.  Look at the one that says "Lower Lodge". (This is for a float plane). Copy the latitude and longitude you see there into the MAP latitude and longitude. You can also enter the "heading". Set Altitude at zero and Speed at Zero. When you are finished, click OK and you will be positioned right at HangEmHigh where you wanted to be.

Second, a flight Plan from HangEmHigh to Misty's Place.  If you go to the Here2There page and go to RTMM Flight Plans, there is a full explanation there on how to select a plan.  These are pre-made plans, so they may not go to where you want to go.  You will notice there are "to" and "from" plans. If you download that zip file there, you will have hundreds of pre-made plans ready to use.  Then you go to flight planner, and find the plan you want. If you want to go from HangEmHigh to Misty's Place, you select "#HangEmHigh to Misty's Place".  If you want to start at Misty's Place and go to HangEmHigh, then you select "=HangEmHigh Resorts from Misty's Place".  Read the instructions carefully on the FAQ page.

After a little practice, you'll find you can start anywhere in the RTMM world.  The sim only recognizes "real" airports (those with ICAO codes) as a starting point for a plan. HangEmHigh isn't an airport, it is a "location" (no ICAO code), so you must use the "map" to get yourself positioned, then you can fly the flight plan.

Thank you for asking about this ... this is a great opportunity for us to explain how this works, maybe more clearly.  A fine question. (And we don't worry about language problems here ... we allow posts in your native language ... we all have Google Translate or same, so we can figure out what you are saying). Also, the way you did the pictures was excellent ... as soon as I saw the red circle, I spotted the problem. Well done, and again. Welcome aboard.

Doug

(I was typing while you and Steve were conversing, so what I said here may be redundant)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 11:46:41 AM »
BlomoTom,
You've probably already done this, but just in case you haven't you need to add the Hang Em High flight plans to the folder that contains all of your other FSX or P3D flight plans. I don't use P3D, but for FSX they are usually placed in the default location of My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files.

After putting the Hang Em High flight plans in that folder, you can use them by going to your flight planner and select the "load" button. You will now see all of your flight plans you have saved.

Select the one you want to use, and for this discussion well use the "#HangEmHigh to Misty's Place.PLN", so select that one from the plan list.

Next comes the part that doesn't really make sense, but it works for me. This method will put you on the ground at Hang Em High using the flight planner and the "#HangEmHigh to Misty's Place.PLN"

NOTE THAT MY METHOD IS DIFFERENT THAN THE ONE DOUG EXPLAINED, BUT AGAIN, IT WORKS!! I'll bet Doug doesn't even know about this little trick.

Do this:
1. Select the Find Route button (I don't know what the French word for it is. Sorry.)
2. You will now see a map that displays the route.
3. Now select Save and then save the route. It will create and save a new plan with a new name, but that's OK. Just save it.
4. Now select OK when the Map page displays again.
5. You will get a box that asks you if you want to move your plane to the departure airport listed on the flight plan. Click "Yes".
6. Now click Fly Now in the Fly Now screen. Don't worry about what it says in the #2 "Current Location box."
7. You will now be on the ground at the lower Hang Em High location, next to a picnic table behind the lodge. You'll just have to slew your aircraft to the runway and you are ready to go!

Pretty cool!

(Try it Doug!)

Ask again if you need more help.

Steve
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:49:38 AM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Blomotom

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 08:48:39 AM »
Hi Doug, thank you for this explicit answer. So I understand the difference between locations and airport. Thank you for the link of gps coordinates.
I have no problem to read English but to write.
In any case, thank you for this welcome!

Hi Ualani ! I confirm that your method works.
Ask fo me, I will continue to apprehend the world of "RTMM."

I do not know if I should make a post but can you tell me the story of "insertion point set in FTX Cenral"?

Dieter

Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Blomotom

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 11:46:31 AM »
OK thanks, i have do it. Work very well. Thank at all ! Now, i go discover RTMM !

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 09:49:09 PM »
Bonjour, Bienvenu BLOMOTON bonne ballade dans le monde RTMM   ;)

Handie aussi est française et en connait un rayon sur toute les scènes RTMM . c'est bien simple elle a tout

il est encore temps Meilleurs Voeux  ;) 2015

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

Blomotom

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »
Salut merci. Avec mon amis on possède une cie http://dreamairlines.weebly.com/index.html (dont je suis l'adm).
Je pensais faire une petite section RTMM, à voir...
Bon pour l'instant j'ai compris comment installer les scènes etc... après....c'est plus du solo ? ou il y a des sortes d’événements, de rencontres sur ts, des vols organisés entre membres ?. C'est ça que j'ai du mal a appréhender sur RTMM
Merci d'avance pour tes explications.
Et meilleurs voeux également !

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 02:11:16 PM »
salut oui RTMM il font du réseau depuis pas mal de temps , il faut parler english     ;D ;D ;D
Je vais jeter un oeil sur ton site .

ma VA AMC et forum datent de 2008 .

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

Blomotom

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 03:39:51 PM »
Tiens du coup ça m'a permis de voir que mon dernier vol faisait bugger toute mes stats de mon site :( pb résolu.
Je te propose de rester en contact; je vais me tenter un misty's place to HangEmHigh
PS je me demande avec quel avion tu y atterri sur ce caillou ? ;) Si belle cette scène soit elle !

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 07:58:47 PM »
(Patrick ... no need to speak English ... I'm running Google Translate with Chrome ... 2 seconds and it is translated ... so NO PROBLEM).

Doug