Author Topic: Prepared 3D V6  (Read 9186 times)

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
Prepared 3D V6
« on: July 05, 2023, 03:02:47 AM »
hello!

from here : https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6305&t=148135

The next evolution of the Prepar3D simulation platform is here with Prepar3D v6. An all new custom atmospherics system brings next level realism with highly detailed volumetric clouds, atmospheric scattering, and weather conditions. New rendering features including screen space ambient occlusion (SSAO) and temporal anti-aliasing (TAA) enhance fidelity bringing higher graphics detail to objects and shadows. Environments react to weather conditions with precipitation accumulation including rain and snow on surfaces and objects which also support reflections. An all new lighting model built from the ground up with realistic physical and camera properties bring an accurate representation of the world around you. The entire globe has been updated with new data spanning across airports, cities, building placements, bridges, land classes, and more. Airport fidelity has been improved with the addition of detailed models updating lights, taxiway signs, surfaces, and more. Updates and patches are automatically checked and installed within the application allowing for quick updates and eliminating the need to manually uninstall components when updating.

what news in this V6 Features and Enhancements

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv6/prepar3d/what_is_new/new_v60.html

[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

shermank

Re: Prepared 3D V6
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 07:25:21 AM »
The question now is whether RTMM will work with v6. The other key question is how many of us will adopt it to make any transition work by our creative teams worth the effort.
And finally, which came first, the chicken or the egg....

Sherm

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 10:54:18 AM »
Well Rob Ainscough (Sim dev/tester etc) has been doing lots of testing with the new P3Dv6.

Here is the forum on Prepar3D v6.0 Features and Enhancements at Orbx as well as some commentary on the subject. Rob's post is about 7 posts down.

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/218798-prepar3d-v60-features-and-enhancements/

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

shermank

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 11:20:44 AM »
Thanks Norm, I read it yesterday, not certain it would Apply to RTMM. And , I found a full description on how to adapt the registry to accept addons.
 NB, working with the registry is not without risks, so following exact instructions is mandatory

This "registry trick" is for installing (un-updated) addons into Prepar3D v6. In theory, this can be used for any version of Prepar3D, but I'm gonna be focused on Prepar3D v6, and tricking addons into thinking that Prepar3D v5 is installed. Now, this isn't foolproof and some addons doesn't seem to work despite of this. Maybe other things needs to be done, to make this work. This guide also takes into account, that you haven't any previous versions of Prepar3D installed! Please note, that if you have Prepar3D v5 installed and are making this registry change, problems may arise, so please be cautious! Also, backup your registry, before editing/changing this. There's no undo-button! 🙂

Alright - here goes:

Open Notepad.exe up, and paste the following into it:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5]
"Installed"=dword:00000001
"AppPath"="<INSERT-PATH-TO-PREPAR3Dv6-HERE>"

Save the file as P3D-HKEY-USER-Registry.reg
Open Notepad.exe again and paste the following into it:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5]
"License"="<INSERT-LICENSE-HERE>" (License can be Academic/Professional/ProfessionalPlus)
"SetupPath"="<INSERT-PATH-FOR-PREPAR3DV6-HERE>"

Save the file as P3D-HKEY-LOCALMACHINE.reg

Close Notepad.

Run the two registry-files by double-clicking on each of them (follow the instructions which appears).
Please be aware when changing registry-entries! Always backup your registry, beforehand. In theory you could use Prepar3D v4 instead, if you don't wanna mess your existing Prepar3D v5 up. I wouldn't advice to go below Prepar3D v4, due to architecture changes.

Sherm

Winterflieger

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 11:19:09 AM »
Hello all
This ist my first post on this forum. I have a problem related to P3D v6. Since I use this version I see much less trees at Misty's Place and I'm wondering about it. Does anybody have a solution?
Thank's a lot.
Cheers
Dietmar

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2023, 03:25:30 PM »
Sorry but not familiar with the changes made to P3Dv6. The p3d rtmm scenery add-on was created for up to  P3Dv5. Don't have this sim and would be unable to establish if the previous rtmm-p3dv5 add-on (or the tongass fjords add-on) are compatible with p3dv6. 

You might check if there is a setting in P3Dv6 to turn UP the trees and vegetation?

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2023, 09:30:24 AM »
Hello all
This ist my first post on this forum. I have a problem related to P3D v6. Since I use this version I see much less trees at Misty's Place and I'm wondering about it. Does anybody have a solution?
Thank's a lot.
Cheers
Dietmar

If you use Orbx Trees in P3Dv6 see this post which may help:

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/218798-prepar3d-v60-features-and-enhancements/page/3/#comment-1844577

Rod