Author Topic: Flights not loading - again  (Read 2795 times)

Douglas Gonzalez

Flights not loading - again
« on: October 01, 2023, 09:25:51 AM »
Having an issue with my latest leg from MSF0006 in that the sim will crash (freeze) when loading flight
I am having an issue starting my flight wat Waterfall SPB (POKW & KWF)
Tried by deleting Scenery Cache, Scenery Indexes, deleting temp files etc etc but will keep on freezing
I have installed latest scenery for Waterfall SBP

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Flights not loading - again
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 12:24:23 PM »
Ok Doug home now...

Looking at Tour MFS0006 RTMM Craig District Cabins (USFS4)
Leg 03. VFR Waterfall Spb (KWF) to Port Alive *16K Correct?

Firstly, did you have any issue with Leg 2, Landing at Waterfall Spb (KWF)? If no problems it is not your scenery. (Now I saw your pirep for leg 2 and all looks fine EXCEPT that you have a very Old version of FSUIPC for MSFS. (You are running FSUIPCv7.003 so suspect that could be the problem or a big contributing factor as to why you can't load flights or experience CTD trying to load).
Latest version of FSUIPC is v7.3.23 for MSFS [ONLY] (especially after SU12 last week).

If there is any add-on/App that you should keep up to date it is anything that connects to your sim like FSUIPC.  Also not sure if you boot MSFS as FSUIPC simultaneously but don't recommend it unless you have to load it for your controller assignments.).

Anyways, start off by uninstalling FSUIPC 7.003, Install FSUIPC v7.3.23, and when starting your sim, use the MSFS Start only (if you don't use FSUIPC for your controller assignments.).  You can get a shortcut for MSFS only from your xbox app. 

After MSFS has fully booted up, then start FSUIPC v7.3.23 and then after your flight has loaded start cigar box etc...

To test KWF again, activate RTMM scenery stuff, then turn off any other add-ons (that could be causing CTD), them and boot the sim and go to KWF and hopefully there will be no issues but if some please report.

I have just started SIM and tested KWF and there is no issues.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Douglas Gonzalez

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 03:46:28 PM »
Hi Norm

Thanks for helping out again.

I have finally resolved my problem. Simply put i cannot start the flight from any of the docks and it has to be from the runways.

I thought there was a conflict with POKW and KWF but like you said the actual scenery was not the problem.
It is interesting to note that this is first time i have had this type of problem. Should i come across the same problem i'll resort to start the legs from the runways

Douglas
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 04:06:21 PM by Douglas Gonzalez »

nbrich1

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 04:49:43 PM »
Weird. What aircraft are you using?  Should be able to start from either of the water runways or any of the gates:Dock 1=Dock GA or Gate H1=Ramp GA Small.

So you have some other MSFS issue happening.  (Perhaps your installed RTMM package is corrupt?)

DL the latest RTMM Express, extract the zip and use the latest scenery package
LINK: https://return.mistymoorings.com/z20_homepage/index.php
(not that there was any issue with the previous, but recommend putting in a new (latest) package as we added SIRP stations (by Karl) and the Chugach strips (by Doug). Always best to delete the old add-on before putting in the new.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 05:04:48 PM by nbrich1 »

nbrich1

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2023, 05:04:21 PM »
The only other thing I can think of is bad or/corrupt cache somewhere or a bad add-on that is active that is causing the sim to crash of flight not to load?  Clear your community folder except for the RTMM package.

The delete your SceneryIndexes folder contents and file FlightSimulator.CFG and try it again (with no other add=ons active except the RTMM package).

Whew.. a weird one for sure..  If still a proble, if you want, we can meet on discord and hookup via teamviewer and take a look.

Norm

Douglas Gonzalez

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 06:00:44 PM »
Hi Norm
Thanks for the offer to meet on discord
I'll get back to you on that one to arrange a suitable time as there is quite some difference between my timezone (GMT+2) and yours
Off to bed now

Douglas

nbrich1

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2023, 07:30:08 PM »
Right, It's only 7 hrs difference between here and there!!
So I guess you could take off at the runway?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 08:11:01 AM by nbrich1 »

Douglas Gonzalez

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2023, 02:23:32 AM »
 ;D