Author Topic: SCENERY UPDATE THREAD  (Read 1972 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
SCENERY UPDATE THREAD
« on: June 19, 2023, 10:49:21 AM »
The information here will correspond to the Scenery Update Thread.

I'm presently fixing all of the polygons that Asobo "changed" on us. They now call them "terraforms". I'm having to convert all of them for all locations.  Your last few updates have been corrections of these.

The thread itself is an "update" for all of the Express Updates that are happening. So if you want to know what was in a particular Express Update, you can go to this thread, and under the date, you'll see the things that were changed.

At present, I'm finishing up the USFS Cabin Groups. I have them all completed except Sitka, Group 12, which I'm working on presently. When Group 12 is finished, you'll get a new Express Update with all the cabins updated.

NOTAM ... I could use your help. If you SEE something not looking as it should (a dry lake bed, water where it does not belong, etc), check with the thread (above) and make sure I haven't already fixed it. If it is one that is already fixed (updated) let me know.  The polygons are still unstable and cannot seem to tell the difference between "LAKE" and "OCEAN" water. Sometimes a perfect scenery just changes back to a dry lake bed. I need to know if you see one of these.

HELICOPTERS ... I've been putting in "HF" pads (Helicopter Friendly). They are purposely difficult to spot. I've tried to blend them into the landscape. There is no night lighting for them, nor official structured "pads". These are simply "landing places" that are NATURALLY already there where you can land a helicopter. I am not creating any landing spots. If there is not a natural one nearby, then there will be no pad.  All of the pads are logged onto the Navigation (WayPoints) page. So if you want to know if a cabin has an HF Pad, look at the waypoints page. (Use CTRL-F to quickly find a cabin or use the "hotlink" alphabet at the top of the page).

I've been changing out the "Medium" smoke for "Small" smoke in most of the locations. The "medium" makes it look like the cabin is on fire.

I'm sorry if you have run into cabins that were "wrecked" by the Asobo Update. We try to make all of our locations realistic and interesting to view.  So if you've come across a dry lake bed, or water all over the cabin site, all the work I'm doing now should be correcting these for you.

Check the UPDATE THREAD often to see what updates are being done and have been done.