Author Topic: Scenery Mod rtmm-spb-jdl-v3.7 won't Install?  (Read 2117 times)

kronovan

Scenery Mod rtmm-spb-jdl-v3.7 won't Install?
« on: June 20, 2023, 05:24:07 PM »
All of my RTMM scenery mods have installed with the exception of rtmm-spb-jdl-v3.7. Try as I might, I can't get it ot install from the Content Manager. I noticed on that mod's Scenery page entry that it requires windy things, for which I do have the latest installed. I had a thought to re-download it individually, but when I click that entries [Mod Zip] button I get this error message: "OOPS! - ERROR 404 - File Not Found".

I did just install the latest scenery updates from the Exrpess download yesterday. Unfortantely I deleted the ZIP after I was done - doh!   :o
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 05:28:20 PM by kronovan »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Scenery Mod rtmm-spb-jdl-v3.7 won't Install?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 06:02:31 PM »
You don't install any of these scenery pieces via the content manager.. Unzip the zip and place the scenery folder(s) either direct into the community folder or use a symbolic link app (ie: the msfs linker application) to link the scenery to the community folder.. (with the inker, scenery etc can be placed anywhere on your PC)
But once the scenery is in your community folder or  is "linked" to the community folder the scenery is loaded upon Sim start.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

kronovan

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 08:52:35 PM »
Yup that's what I did. Typically they just get auto-installed by the content manager after ive copied them into the \community folder, but for some reason that mod didn't and lists as uninstalled. And even though I can check it in the Uninstalled listing in the content manager, when I click the [Install] button it never installs.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 10:21:53 AM »
Ok rechecked...  was hard to spot but found that there is a missing "  in file manifest.json   (Open with notepad)

6th line down:    >>>>    "package_version": "v3.7,

it should read >>>>    "package_version": "v3.7", 

So add the "  after the 7

-----------
Will get the single file fixed asap.  (The Express Scenery Package will also have to re-run to fix the manifest.json file.. (or just add the " on the affected file).

Norm
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 10:39:08 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

kronovan

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 11:01:19 AM »
Many thanks for checking Norm. I'll make that edit, restart MSFS and check my content manager.

[Edit] Yes! That did the trick.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 11:17:42 AM by kronovan »