Author Topic: Nvidia Shadowplay and FSX DX10  (Read 4587 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Nvidia Shadowplay and FSX DX10
« on: August 05, 2015, 09:26:15 PM »
Anyone have any tips on getting this to work? I get nothing. No recording icon. Changed the 'hot key' to Ctrl+F1 to avoid the Alt key. I'm running windowed mode. Can't run full screen because of Vsync issues with mis-matched dual monitors. I thought I had a new toy but can't make it work. Any tips would be most appreciated.

jsapair
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Nvidia Shadowplay and FSX DX10
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 09:54:41 PM »
Flightsim.com sent me a message today . . .

Dear Customer,

This email is to notify you that a new version of DX10SceneryFixer Version 2.9 has been made available for download.

You can download the latest version from your download page in your account located here:

. . .
Release Notes for v2.9

- Support for Dual installs of FSX and FSX:SE with DX10SF installed into both at the same time.
- New Preferences Dialog
- Fsx.cfg editor screen is now a menu item in DX10 Controller
- Various tweaks to Diagnostics
- If a Diagnostic Warning is detected then a Warning Icon appears on Diagnostic button
- New Option to twinkle distant lights
- New Options for Ground Shadows
- Bug Fix – The HD Shadows pulldown was not working properly
- Bug Fix – The fsx.cfg editor was using FIBRE not FIBER
- Improvements to fsx.exe running check
- Installation check to prevent installation into fsx root directory.
- New 737 NGX tweak to prevent moving shadows seen in some rare instances.

IMPORTANT! If you purchased before 27th September 2013 and and still have the original version installed - then please refer to the email you received on this date and follow the instructions there before upgrading.

I just received a notice that a new version of Steve's DX10 fixer is out.  Have you updated yours yet?   ???
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:01:07 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jsapair

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 11:14:21 PM »
No, those updates go to a different email account that I rarely check. I'll check it out, though. Something tells me that's not going to fix my problem but I appreciate the heads-up, Jeff. Thanks
                                               jsapair
Jsapair

MackemSam

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 03:12:26 PM »
I have the same issue with ShadowPlay. Nothing, nada, zip, doesn't matter which key I press or assign to it. Sadly, I *think* I've found the answer...ShadowPlay requires a newer Nvidia GPU driver than I'm running in order to work, and (right, let's jinx it) as my FSX currently looks OK I feel disinclined to fiddle with my Nvidia drivers; if it ain't broke an' all that. I'm still running in DX9, BTW.

If it's any help, my way around the issue has been to use Bandicam...much easier to set up than Fraps, has a DX9 option, and if set to low priority doesn't seem to cause stuttering (much) during playback and recording. It also gives me 10 minutes' recording in the unregistered version vs. Fraps' 30 seconds.

This is what I did with it (first attempt ever): https://youtu.be/CDybVsU_Bzs

Hope that helps.

- Sam
1200 feet, minimal visibility and absolutely lovin' it.

jsapair

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 09:24:58 PM »
Thanks Sam. I'll check it out. Just today I noticed a white circle with a red line through it in my system tray like between the clock and the show desktop icon. The white circle has been there for awhile but without the red line. I've changed desktops around trying to get this to work so I didn't pay much attention to it. Then the red line appeared...WTF? Just for grins I activated SP and the red line disappeared. So that's the camera icon. It just doesn't do anything.
   I run an Nvidia 760 which is within the SP parameters. I think my problem is in the .cfg as I had problems with dual mis-matched monitors at one time. I'm set up via the DX10 'How To' guide for just that scenario and windowed mode. Have to play with the NV Inspector settings again, I guess, but not sure I want to. Like you mentioned, my FSX is running flawlessly and I don't want to change ANYTHING at this point.
                               jsapair
Jsapair

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 08:04:54 AM »
Hey Sam,

Good video and good landing!  I look forward to more vids.

Rod

MackemSam

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 12:03:22 PM »
Thanks, Rod,

I hope it was OK to post the link. It was just that I surprised myself at how easy it was to get Bandicam up and running...from install to video capture must have been less than 20 minutes. Of course I then spent around two hours tinkering with it in MovieMaker.  ;)
1200 feet, minimal visibility and absolutely lovin' it.

jsapair

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 08:59:00 PM »
Sam, downloaded the Bandicam, have yet to install it. You mentioned Movie Maker. Where does that come into play...editing? Never made a video so I have no clue. Want to give it a whirl, though.
Your video looks great.
                                        jsapair
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 09:03:03 PM by jsapair »
Jsapair