Author Topic: IS3 Water following Terrain  (Read 3004 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
IS3 Water following Terrain
« on: August 01, 2015, 03:29:16 PM »
Anyone using IS3 ...

I'm trying to make water (river) follow the terrain, going up a mountain (mountain stream). It IS NOT picking up the terrain profile like the roadway does, moving up and down with the terrain. I did it before fine, now it either picks the highest elevation or the lowest ... (and I am not touching those shoreline objects by the edge of the water). It seemed like my IS3 just stopped doing this ... must be a setting I've tripped or something. Any ideas?

Doug

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: IS3 Water following Terrain
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 02:15:35 PM »
This one is really strange. I'm trying to make a river come down from Upper Mahoney Lake to Lower Mahoney Lake. It is real, and has waterfalls.  This is the site for the Mahoney Lake Hydro plant that is proposed. But no matter what i do, i cannot make that river "stick" to the terrain. It either digs a canyon if you start from the bottom, or builds a bridge if you start at the top. I redownloaded IS3, reloaded it, tried it again, same problem. went back to Thayer Creek where I had to put in a stream (same thing) and it followed the terrain perfectly. I'm guessing the problem is not IS3 ... there is something screwy about the terrain setup at Mahoney Lake. I have no idea what it could be.
Doug

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 10:41:59 PM »
IS3 does not display added vectors at correct elevations until after you redraw the scene.  Not sure if this is your problem.....

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 01:14:20 PM »
Doug,
Try rebooting the sim or reloading the scenery and see if it looks right. I never liked that particular draw function.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support