Author Topic: Misty's Powerboat Regatta and P3Dv2  (Read 3726 times)

smpetty

Misty's Powerboat Regatta and P3Dv2
« on: August 05, 2014, 12:37:37 PM »
I am getting very strange lines that project to a point in space in and around Misty's place and Annette Island.  Here are some examples...

The lines appeared to be coming from pylons in the water related to Misty's Powerboat Regatta...

And oddly the lines disappear when I get close to the offending pylon...

If I disable Misty's Powerboat Regatta in my scenery.cfg file, the lines go away.  Unfortunately the regatta goes away as well and Annette Island looks less spectacular without the race  :(

Is this a known issue? 

Thanks!

Scott

Dieter

Re: Misty's Powerboat Regatta and P3Dv2
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 12:45:10 PM »
This is a know problem.
Therefore this scenery isn't anymore in the scenery download.

I recommend to download and install all new sceneries (which are quality controlled) including the new libraries!

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 12:53:23 PM »
Dieter is correct.  We had to pull it as a part of our quality control project. There is a buoy type object in there that marks where the boats should go, that object causes the lines. If we took out all if those, then there is no markers for the boats. We decided to pull it for that reason.  Good, sharp eye though Scott.  We were seeing exactly what you are reporting. Thank you for the post, this will remind others to take that scenery location out.

Amazing we were able to fix everything else, I thought there would have been more like this.

Doug

smpetty

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 09:57:44 PM »
Thanks Dieter and Doug! 

I'm so glad that RTMM is being checked and adjusted for P3Dv2.  I have all of the Orbx scenery, but I love the world of RTMM so much that I rarely stray beyond SAK and PFJ.  Thanks so much for an amazing job and a real gift to the flightsim world.

Scott

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 08:05:06 AM »
Scott,

Thank you for the kind words and you're welcome.

Brad

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 08:17:56 AM »
Yes, Scott, Thank you. We like to think of RTMM as a community site, that's why we welcome observations such as yours. That one we had covered, but perhaps not well-enough, a NEWS NOTAM, probably should have been issued that we had pulled the location. Often, I'll get a little short note about a broken link or something, and we get it fixed as quickly as we can.  But it is the sharp eyes and observations by people that help us keep our quality right up there with the standards of the professionals. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Doug